Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Full Forest X images

I noticed that there's a Full Forest X directory under Addon Scenery with a cache sub directory containing a bunch of .agn files.  Are those the files that FFX is using to display their trees?  I'm wondering because the files seem to be the same size and date as the original files in the Scenery/World Texture folder.  Also the tree textures that are located in the Scenery/Global directory are unchanged so I'm wondering what files did FFX modify?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

I didn't even notice this also help document says to disable utx and gex before install I didn't do that not seeing any problems

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich, I will post a shot with FTX PNW active and lets see how it compares to your shot... might be a little while but hold on.

Hi Bryan, long time no see!  How are things over on the island these days?

\Robert Hamlich/

"I will post a shot with FTX PNW active and lets see how it compares to your shot"   do you have full forest x installed as I think ftx is doing something different with trees not sure how that works - thanks. What I would like to see is both together that would be cool

Rich Sennett

I won't buy ANYTHING until FTX Global is out and I know exactly how it will work with that one.

BTW I almost got a headache reading the OP: it could do with some punctuation.... ^_^

"I will post a shot with FTX PNW active and lets see how it compares to your shot"   do you have full forest x installed as I think ftx is doing something different with trees not sure how that works - thanks. What I would like to see is both together that would be cool

No I haven't purchased Full Forest X so I am going to wait until Stephen post's his pics, I will definately add it to my collection if it makes a difference in appearance.  I see that it has a positive effect on frames which is excellent.

\Robert Hamlich/

BTW I almost got a headache reading the OP: it could do with some punctuation....

Now that you mention it... when I read it, I was thinking about my father, who was a newspaper reporter, and the sign he described that used to hang in his newsroom: "Gentlemen - we have an unlimited supply of periods.  Please use them."

That aside, props to Richard for bringing this up, and I'm looking forward to hearing the results of the FTX (and soon FTX Global) tests.

Hi Rich, I will post a shot with FTX PNW active and lets see how it compares to your shot... might be a little while but hold on.

Hi Bryan, long time no see!  How are things over on the island these days?

Hey there, things are fine on the island, although I am leaving it for a holiday to California in my RV....going to find some 30C weather.

I also would like to see some comparison shots with FTX, I don't think there would be any change as their regional sceneries are landclass and autogen specific.  I believe this program messes with the global stuff.

I also want to see/know if there is only one type of forest mixture, I am not seeing coniferous forests.

I suspect that the program makes a universal adjustment on global level, world textures and landclass.  I know is not much of cost but I also don't want to mess with my setup anymore.

Whats missing are comparison shots, with similar settings, in all seasons, in many regions of the globe to know if it really makes any difference.  Orbx scenery has mastered the ability to make their forests very thick at their regional level.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I won't buy ANYTHING until FTX Global is out and I know exactly how it will work with that one.

BTW I almost got a headache reading the OP: it could do with some punctuation.... ^_^

The OP is from Brazil  I believe and English is the second language.

ZORAN

The OP is from Brazil  I believe and English is the second language.

You mean the Developer ? Rich is from  Boston (South)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Wow just read my original post what a mess, something happened when I was posting shots, oh well get over it.

Rich Sennett

Wow just read my original post what a mess, something happened when I was posting shots, oh well get over it.

Take more water with it Rich!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776