Sign in to follow this  
tatin 98

Autothrottle problem

hi, my "problem" is not the autothrottle itself. next to the lights test switch, there is some sort of panel with three lights: A/P, A/T and FMC. The A/T is always flashing during approach, but especially when i select a new flap setting. EXAMPLE: i select flaps 1, then reduce my speed to the "number 1" that appears on the speed tape. Please, if i am making any mistake, correct me and i will thank you.

thanks in advance 

tatin 98

Is it red or amber/yellow?

Red flashing means that the Autothrottle has been disconnected and you are in manual thrust, click the Autothrottle disconnect a second time to get rid of the flashing (or on the actual flashing light).

Amber/Yellow is some kind of mode disagree which I forget what it means. Maybe double check your autothrottle modes to make sure you are in the mode you think you are in.

In this case, flashing amber means a speed error, the airspeed is not close to the bug setting.  More than 10 kts out on some Boeings, not sure about the NG. So when you dial in a new speed the thrust will reduce but airspeed doesn't respond immediately so the amber light flashes until speed is close to the bug setting.

ki9cAAb.jpg

OK guys, thanks. i thought i was making an error, because i watch videos of 737 ngx, and they dont have that light flashing. 

Is it red or amber/yellow?

Red flashing means that the Autothrottle has been disconnected and you are in manual thrust, click the Autothrottle disconnect a second time to get rid of the flashing (or on the actual flashing light).

Amber/Yellow is some kind of mode disagree which I forget what it means. Maybe double check your autothrottle modes to make sure you are in the mode you think you are in.

it is yellow.

Indicates A/T airspeed error under following conditions...
Inflight & Flaps not up:
Airspeed differs from commanded value by +10 or -5kts and is not approaching command value.

Ie: if you are at 200 knots and the speed is set to 210kts and you are slowing down.

I think it can also happen if you are in or fast approaching the 'yellow' area of the speedtape (either too fast or too slow for the selected flap).