Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

The "Say last" and "Repeat last" commands

I find it very convenient to have these commands where you can have the FO repeat the last item especially when you sometimes are interrupted by online ATC for example in the middle of running through a checklist with the FO.

However I've noticed that you can't just say the command to have the FO repeat the last item but you must always add "Check" (might work with some other response like "Set" as well) before the FO actually will repeat the last command.

Is this on purpose? IMHO it would feel more natural if the FO would repeat the last item directly after you ask him to do so.

Richard Åsberg

Ok but does that actually work for you if you try it?

Because when I say one of those commands nothing happens until I say "Check" and then the FO repeats the last item on the checklist as if he was waiting for your reply to the item before the last one. Haven't tried that but it would probably work to also say the correct answer for item 3 on the checklist for the FO to move on and repeat number 4...the item you really wanted him to repeat when you were at item 5 and asked him to repeat last item in the first place.

Sounds very complicated when trying to describe but it's not really, just give it a try and you'll see (hear) what I'm talking about :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Interesting how important one single character can be...

Thanks for confirming Bryan!

Richard Åsberg