Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

New NVIDIA Driver Improved FPS in HDR

http://www.geforce.com/

Version 320.18 - WHQL Release Date Thu May 23, 2013 Operating System Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit Language English (US) File Size 175.55 MB

XP10 runs even better now in HDR...I gained 5-7fps :O  :good: others will have different results depending on their PC.

Great what card do you use? Mine is gtx 660 2 gb. I'm willing to test that later.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

Thanks! Going to check it out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Is it an official release or beta still? I'm still using 314

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Is it an official release or beta still? I'm still using 314

320.18 is WHQL certified.

So I guess that would mean it's official. (?)

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Great what card do you use? Mine is gtx 660 2 gb. I'm willing to test that later.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I tested it on 660, 670 and 680.........all DELL XPS Machines not Overclocked.

Ok...I'm going to fire it up...I had downloaded it, but then chickened out.  Things have been good with the last WHQL.....

Will the new drivers also improve framerates for FSX?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

what's FSX? :lol:  :ph34r:

going to test P3D/FSX 2morrow :good:

Got a nice performance boost!!

Thanks for the heads up, Five!

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Same here, without any adjustment, I gained 5 FPS over Chris's Toronto, after taking off from CYTZ. I was getting (I have pretty demanding XPX settings...) 18-22 FPS with the previous WHQL, but was amazed at a performance boost of any kind. You don't usually see it. At my other 'haunt' KFNT-3rd party, I was getting 22-26 FPS, but now it keeps banging against my hold-back setting of 30FPS!  I see with this installation, that you also get NETFRAME v4 and the Gforce Experience software. So, with this release for the first 780 driver, quite an offering!  Thanks Five for the performance head's up. I was going to delete my download and pass this by...sure glad that I ended up NOT doing that, lol!

I already got a steady 30 FPS (locked in both FS9 and FSX) FPS with the last certified, so I won't see any difference with these two. Major difference with XPX though!

Would you mind sharing what kind of fps you get with these cards? I am curious how much I would gain if I would buy one of these over my current gpu. I am especially interested in the 660 (is it a 660 or a 660 ti?) and 670.

Same here, without any adjustment, I gained 5 FPS over Chris's Toronto, after taking off from CYTZ. I was getting (I have pretty demanding XPX settings...) 18-22 FPS with the previous WHQL, but was amazed at a performance boost of any kind. You don't usually see it. At my other 'haunt' KFNT-3rd party, I was getting 22-26 FPS, but now it keeps banging against my hold-back setting of 30FPS! I see with this installation, that you also get NETFRAME v4 and the Gforce Experience software. So, with this release for the first 780 driver, quite an offering! Thanks Five for the performance head's up. I was going to delete my download and pass this by...sure glad that I ended up NOT doing that, lol!

I already got a steady 30 FPS (locked in both FS9 and FSX) FPS with the last certified, so I won't see any difference with these two. Major difference with XPX though!

What are your FSX settings?

Ark

Would you mind sharing what kind of fps you get with these cards? I am curious how much I would gain if I would buy one of these over my current gpu. I am especially interested in the 660 (is it a 660 or a 660 ti?) and 670.

My post above yours, will cover a GTX 680 EVGA Signature Plus, factory overclock, as far as FPS, with pretty well all XPX performance options at 90 percent open.

What are your FSX settings?

I run with my card posted at full out, all options, full to the right. The only rendering options not at max, are clouds at 60 miles (low setting, as OPUS has no problem filling the sky around you, and A.I. traffic at 30 percent, cars at 25 percent. All GRAPHIC options, water included, are full out. I also have 1/2 refresh rate, and Vertical Sync Tear Control set to Adaptive within nInspector. I have FSX capped at 30 FPS, within the sim. My FSX performance in ORBX bangs at the top of 30 FPS and stays there.

+1

I'm in the market for a new GPU so this would be very useful!