Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

New NVIDIA Driver Improved FPS in HDR

Aw, now I hate my 7970 even more. Brilliant. :(

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

There's definitely an improvement! Thx Five!!!

I notice it even more on DCS World. I was able to increase all sliders and still see higher FPS! Whow!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Will the new drivers also improve framerates for FSX?

loaded up the AirbusX today with FSX/P3D :ph34r:  and it was all smooth and fast....love the new Drivers :Love:

Thanks for the info,Will check this out as soon as I get through Wife's "To Do" List :rolleyes:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Unfortunately for me there was no fps improvement mecry_s.gif. I had installed the 311.xy driver before.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

I have an ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II 2GB GDDR5 VRAM (custom fan and heatsink) that is pretty good. It has a slight overclock on it from factory, but it is pretty solid. I can play most games at 100% settings 1080p single display and get 50-100fps depending on the game. I wouldn't get a 660 for any reason over the 670, but a 680 with the 4GB option would be a good idea for a sim, but is way more cost (nearly double). The new 760/770/780 coming out look very interesting. Anyone looking for a new card should definately wait until the dust settles to see how much better these cards are, but just remember that XP and FS are not usually GPU bound as much as CPU bound.

Five, not arguing, just saying that some people out there may be CPU bound and upgrading a graphics card may not be much if any of an improvement.

If you have an awesome CPU overclocked to 5.0gHz and a 9800GTX from 12 years ago, it may have been a good card, but an upgrade could yield some results.

Someone with a 560/570/580 or 7970/7980/7990 and a 2.4gHz quad-core processor probably won't see much of an upgrade as their CPU is what is really killing them. Upgrade both and you'll probably be good, but that's 90% the guts of a computer anyway. Barring any vendor-specific issues from ATI, changing from new or recent hardware should yield limited results.

Nice, could someone please post updated FSX and nvidia inspector settings for a GTX 680/4GB with i7-3770k OC to 4.5Ghz?

I'm trying to find the best and optimal setting that will give me good FPS. Since there are so many of these guides and settings, I'm not sure what is best. I can't find any new guides, most of them are quite old.

I've been experiencing CTD's in middle of flying for no apparent reason lately and I'm not sure why. I'm having a difficult time pinpointing the cause.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Nice, could someone please post updated FSX and nvidia inspector settings

Why not ask the question in the FSX forum? I'm certain they will have heard of the new drivers also and might have useful information for you.