Sign in to follow this  
Milviz

Windows XP

so... we're starting to get into some pretty cool tech with our planes but, some of these cool items may or may not (not being more likely) work in Windows XP.  So... I guess what I'm looking for here is how many of you are still using XP...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Should make a poll.

I'm on Win7 x64.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think we're just going to do like M$...  drop support for it...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I think we're just going to do like Microsoft...  drop support for it...

Probably a good idea, otherwise someone will whine if you don't make it Win 95 compatible.

HAHAHA....  that is pretty funny....

I'm still using Windows XP, but I know the handwriting is on the wall.  XP will ultimately go the way of Windows 98SE.  I think Windows 7 is a worthy successor to Windows XP.  I have Vista on my laptop and it just seems to be so slow, but 7 has a solid reputation.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm still on Xp64. No reason to change right now, if it ain't broke don't fix it, lol.

Having said that, I'm ready to switch to W7 at any time, I just need a reason, any reason will do.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Those still on the most common 32-bit XP are mostly likely already in some difficulties these days due to memory and video card issues.  And Jay, I'm sure you'd agree that XP64 was always a pretty rare bird.

If the choice is between supporting an old platform (that's no longer supported by MS itself) and being able to add significant new features - seems an easy choice.

Scott

Well if XP is restricting addition of new features or better implementation - then there is so argument. I think the majority of simmers (speculating) are already on Win7.

And Jay, I'm sure you'd agree that XP64 was always a pretty rare bird.

If the choice is between supporting an old platform (that's no longer supported by MS itself) and being able to add significant new features - seems an easy choice.

I agree XP64 was never a mainstream OS. It works for me, and is fully supported by MS, at least for the time being.

Well if XP is restricting addition of new features or better implementation - then there is so argument. I think the majority of simmers (speculating) are already on Win7.

True, if there was any restriction, or any improvements forthcoming, I'm going with the flow. Yes, I also agree that the majority are already on W7 or W8.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I've told my team to drop XP support after the 737 and the Bell 407. 

I've told my team to drop XP support after the 737 and the Bell 407.

Ok, now you got me. What's AFTER the 737 and Bell 407???

Haha, I understand if your answer is "no comment".

Jay

Announced are  (and not in any particular order so don't get any hopes up...)

1) Ka 350i

2) Ka 350 hybrid (old style)

3) Mu-2 Solitare

4) Ju-87D.5/G.2

5) F-100D

Edit :

6) MD530F

I am just getting back into MSFS. I use XP, but that was because my other choice was Vista and FSX was more stable on XP. I will probably migrate to a new machine and Windows 7.

Windows XP Professional SP2 32-Bit is what I am using for FSX.