Sign in to follow this  
delta9857

Editing the G1000 config file

Hi all, I am wondering how I can go about editing the G1000's default settings? I have found the config file in the TBM850_G1000.Cab and extracted it and edited it but now I can't re-add it to the .Cab file. Is there any special software I need?

If you have Windows 7 use iexpress.exe. It comes with the OS so it's already on your computer but it's hidden. Windows uses it for certain functions but you can get your gauge back into a cab file with it. You'll find directions on da net. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, I'm flying now so will have to have a play with the config once I land :)

I am gonna need some help with this..... I have the config file changed.... I tried iexpress.exe

but i am running into walls.... Can someone lend a hand?

Hi,

just extract the cab into a folder with a zip manager like winrar or 7-zip. rename the folder just like the cab-file , just without the .cab ending.

Rename the original .cab-file into .org , do the edits in the extracted folder, put it back into the FSX\gauges-folder. FSX will use the folder instead of the .cab file, no re cabbing is needed, no performance loss to fear, no problem, doing it this way since release of FSX ^_^ .

Hi,

just extract the cab into a folder with a zip manager like winrar or 7-zip. rename the folder just like the cab-file , just without the .cab ending.

Rename the original .cab-file into .org , do the edits in the extracted folder, put it back into the FSX\gauges-folder. FSX will use the folder instead of the .cab file, no re cabbing is needed, no performance loss to fear, no problem, doing it this way since release of FSX ^_^ .

Thanks man, worked perfectly!

type iexpress in the programs search... wait.. already answered. 

iexpress works great, but it's not intuitive.