Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 320.18 driver gives about a 20 percent boost in FPS....

in XPX, on my system. Two others have already reported a healthy FPS boost with this latest driver as well. This is the first time ever, that I have actually benefited from a newly released driver to boost FPS in a flight sim!

Ses

I have never updated my drivers on my GTX 680. Only had it about 6 months. Can somebody tell me what the process is for upgrading?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Eric 

I have never updated my drivers on my GTX 680. Only had it about 6 months. Can somebody tell me what the process is for upgrading?

just run the new file to overwrite the old

Its not like Ati drivers were you would have to delete the old ones first I take it? Terribly sorry to hijack the thread' but am keen to finally try a new driver set and this one looks like a winner.

Eric 

There is a procedure I think to save your old card settings for FSX. 

Does any one know it?

ZORAN

I go to the nVidia website and follow the directions on the website.  Do a manual driver search and find you card.  Download from the search results and install per the nVidia instructions.

I do not let Windows automaticly update my drivers.  :smile:

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

There is a procedure I think to save your old card settings for FSX. 

Does any one know it?

If you are using Inspector just export your current card settings (profile) for FSX to another directory by choosing the export icon on the inspector page.  After your have updated your driver you can then import the profile back into FSX using the import icon.   Hope this helps! 

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

If you are using Inspector just export your current card settings (profile) for FSX to another directory by choosing the export icon on the inspector page.  After your have updated your driver you can then import the profile back into FSX using the import icon.   Hope this helps! 

Airbus

aaah thanks matey to easy

ZORAN

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1776353&mpage=1#1776353

Detailed instructions on how to install correctly.  I installed the Physx engine but honestly I think for FSX it is not needed.  Anyone know for sure?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

After reading here, I tried the new driver. After 314.x, no improvement with this driver, FPS remained absolutely the same.

If using Nvidia Inspector, did you make sure your "Antialiasing - Behavior Flags" is re-set to "None"? It will set itself to "Treat 'Override any application setting' as 'Application-controlled'" after driver installation.