Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

nVidia 320.18 driver gives about a 20 percent boost in FPS....

Very nice! I hope I see some performance increase with FSX as well using these new drivers.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Has anyone tried this driver in FSX and found any improvement in FPS?

I will probably upgrade soon to the new driver, no rush for me really, but I think we would appreciate if an expert could conduct some extensive tests to see if there is a noticeable improvement in FPS.  I sure hope so, but given the age of FSX, and Nvidia's stance that it is not worth optimizing their drivers for such a small niche software base, I kind of doubt it.

I have never updated my drivers on my GTX 680. Only had it about 6 months. Can somebody tell me what the process is for upgrading?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Eric, during installation, ensure you do so via the custom option and not automatic. It's mportant to select JUST THE DRIVER and not all the other bollocks, which can have a big negative effect. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Has anyone tried this driver in FSX and found any improvement in FPS?

I got a 4-7 FPS boost.

Tried it, and reverted it to 314 version. No FPS improvement in FSX DX10 at all. Lots of bugs generally, mouse cursor freezing, catastrophic FPS in NBA2K13 and rthdribl. I saw many threads on various forums with users reporting same issues. Big fail by nVidia. By the way I have GTX 560OC.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I didn't notice any performance change after installing this driver, however similar to the OP, a new driver about 3 months back did give me a slight uptick

Chris Sunseri

Tried it, and reverted it to 314 version. No FPS improvement in FSX DX10 at all. Lots of bugs generally, mouse cursor freezing, catastrophic FPS in NBA2K13 and rthdribl. I saw many threads on various forums with users reporting same issues. Big fail by nVidia. By the way I have GTX 560OC.

+1

ZORAN

Howard ... Im shocked LOL

:rolleyes:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

No FSX problems with the new driver and my 660 ti card.  If anything I see an improvement in performance, though specifically for FSX I can't tell any difference since I run locked at 30 fps.

I too recommend the custom, clean install though it's worthwhile to install physX if you run games, and HD audio if you plan to use HDMI sound (this does not conflict with standard audio).  But that new "nvidia experience" is true bloatware if you ask me, as was its predecessor "nvidia update".

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

this new driver also made my Train Simulator 2013 FPS go through the roof...love it! :Party:  :dance:  :yahoo:

For FSX a performance boost with a new Nvidia driver is wishfull thinking.

I NEVER saw a change with any new driver for the last 3 years !

It's always just the same old stuff for FSX: Just follow Word Not Allowed's advices to the letter and that's really the best you can get !

http://#####.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

^_^

I fear this driver may well be version 'Holy Grail 2.6'. Never mind though I am sure it has improved my ability to eat rhubarb pie, and may very well do the same for you! Recomended hot or cold ,with either rice pudding or custard.

No driver update has ever made any discernable difference to my flight sim performance .Not the mearest smidgeon of an atom ,and that's jolly small.

Cheers HW

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077