Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sesquashtoo

Here's the link to ANAND TECH'S GTX780 review....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ordered 2 of 'em in Asus form, can't wait  :Big Grin:

Ordered 2 of 'em in Asus form, can't wait  :Big Grin:

Nice.  I just ordered 1 EVGA Superclocked model, can't wait to watercool it and OC the snot out of it.  FSX won't see much benefit from SLI in your case, but everything else should run at max settings @ high res.  You really should get a better monitor to take advantage of all that GPU horsepower.  Heck, even my single 680 can push a 2560x1440 monitor at highest detail settings in every game I've tried.  2 780's will eat today's games for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  

Nice.  I just ordered 1 EVGA Superclocked model, can't wait to watercool it and OC the snot out of it.  FSX won't see much benefit from SLI in your case, but everything else should run at max settings @ high res.  You really should get a better monitor to take advantage of all that GPU horsepower.  Heck, even my single 680 can push a 2560x1440 monitor at highest detail settings in every game I've tried.  2 780's will eat today's games for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  

Yeah, I'll be getting a new Asus lightboost monitor, so things should run silky smooth.
It's more of a general gaming rig, so, yeah, I guess the SLI really kicks in at that point. Can't wait to play Metro LL on those beasts!

Nice. I just ordered 1 EVGA Superclocked model, can't wait to watercool it and OC the snot out of it. FSX won't see much benefit from SLI in your case, but everything else should run at max settings @ high res. You really should get a better monitor to take advantage of all that GPU horsepower. Heck, even my single 680 can push a 2560x1440 monitor at highest detail settings in every game I've tried. 2 780's will eat today's games for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Yeah, I'll be getting a new Asus lightboost monitor, so things should run silky smooth.

It's more of a general gaming rig, so, yeah, I guess the SLI really kicks in at that point. Can't wait to play Metro LL on those beasts!

That monitor is still only 1080P though. 3D asks more of your GPUs, but you're still only pushing 2.07 megapixels at 1080P. A step up to 1440P is a full 80% more pixels at 3.68 megapixels, and 4k is 4x as many pixels as 1080P at over 8 megapixels.

You, guys, can expect much better performance at high AA/AF under heavy clouds/precipitation in FSX with this card. Which alone makes sence buying it in context of MSFS. Not sure though if it can help seriously improve performance at night lighting.

Dirk.

That monitor is still only 1080P though. 3D asks more of your GPUs, but you're still only pushing 2.07 megapixels at 1080P. A step up to 1440P is a full 80% more pixels at 3.68 megapixels, and 4k is 4x as many pixels as 1080P at over 8 megapixels.

I'll be upping my screen to the Dell U3014 in a while, maybe after I've saved up over summer.

But for now, running every game imaginable maxed out with lightboost is more than enough for me xD

Besides, the ridiculous amount of AA these cards can push together should help satisfy the resolution bug for a while, anyway.

You, guys, can expect much better performance at high AA/AF under heavy clouds/precipitation in FSX with this card. Which alone makes sence buying it in context of MSFS. Not sure though if it can help seriously improve performance at night lighting.

Dirk.

I'll test it out on Wednesday, my card comes tomorrow (hopefully), with the other coming sometime over the next two weeks.