Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

Another one bites the dust

So I go to buy the Carenado TMB 850 and what do I see in very small print....NO 2D cockpit. Put my credit card away and saved my money. Thats 3 down, including PMDG and Capt Sim, no 2D, no money from me.

For you VC addicts, dont bother, I dont like the VC, dont use the VC, dont care about the VC, dont like TrackIR, and really don't care to hear for the umpteenth time that 2D cockpits are a thiing of the past.

There are still many developers who dont shoot themselves in the foot and those I will continue to support.

Jay

Add a 2D panel and then you could use the plane.

Strange ol World, I feel exactly the same about 2D cockpits.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

2D is good for instrument training, working on flows etc.

While I enjoy instrument flying I also enjoy VFR work, where I need to see outside the cockpit.

It would appear the community favors VC panels...  you may be left behind...  I really don't think developers are going to suddenly start including them again because a few people say they use them.  And also, lol, developers shoot themselves in the foot because they don't make 2D panels for you? lol...  I'd venture to guess PMDG will lose less than 1% of sales on their B777 to people who won't buy because no 2D panel.

X Plane 10 has a really nice 2D Cessna 172 panel... working in 64bit...freeware...  I'd recommend it for you.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How can you use an airliner 2D panel anyway?  You can only fit a tiny amount of gauges on the screen... at least if the perpsective is realistic.  How can you see outside?  This was one of the things that annoyed me with 2D panels.  Always having to "change seat height," the poor FOV representation offered by looking straight on at a 2D panel.

I use 2D popups normally for FMS and or radio/GPS but that's about it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

LOL.....each to their own.

How bout instead of LOL to each their own you explain to me your take on my above post?  I seriously don't understand the appeal of 2D panels.  Why do you guys like them so much?  Why do you favor them over VC?  Let me hear it...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

For you VC addicts, dont bother, I dont like the VC, dont use the VC, dont care about the VC, dont like TrackIR, and really don't care to hear for the umpteenth time that 2D cockpits are a thiing of the past.

Then, respectfully Jay, I'd ask - why post if you want to exclude half the discussion?  The world has moved to ever-increasingly high-quality VCs - that's simply a fact.  If developers thought they were leaving money on the table vs development time/costs, they'd keep doing 2D as well.  Most don't see the point anymore given the quality of VC they're producing.  As for Carenado, this developer "bit the dust" for you a loong time ago.  Hardly a new thing.  Add other vendors like Milviz, RealAir, A2A, etc. to your list.  In fact, add most active plane developers.

It's gravity. :-)

Scott

Eaglesoft will always include 2D Panels. The idea that VC only suffices for every purpose is not acceptable to us at least.

Many do not wish to do the extra work needed to provide both but we remain committed to both 2D and 3D Panels.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

How can you use an airliner 2D panel anyway? You can only fit a tiny amount of gauges on the screen... at least if the perpsective is realistic. How can you see outside? This was one of the things that annoyed me with 2D panels. Always having to "change seat height," the poor FOV representation offered by looking straight on at a 2D panel.

How bout instead of LOL to each their own you explain to me your take on my above post? I seriously don't understand the appeal of 2D panels. Why do you guys like them so much? Why do you favor them over VC? Let me hear it...

I'm nit sure why you think you can't see outside in 2D, works fine here. Tiny amount of gauges? Mine show a full panel. Change seat height? Never had to in 2D, only in VC.

I'll tell you why I like 2D, I dont have to constantly pan, tilt, zoom, to see what I need to see, it's all right in front of me. I dont have to wear a hat or a headset to be strapped to TrackIR to look around, the hat switch works just fine. I use multi monitors and have the primary cockpit on the main monitor and any popups I need on the second one.

All in all 2D is much more conveinent for me, but to each his own.

Eaglesoft will always include 2D Panels. The idea that VC only suffices for every purpose is not acceptable to us at least.
Many do not wish to do the extra work needed to provide both but we remain committed to both 2D and 3D Panels.

Glad to hear that Ron, I have a lot of your planes already and will continue as the need arise's :-) More devs should take note, in fact with ES and QW, I hardly fly any other planes now, and I own most of the 'top shelf' ones, they are hanger queens at this point.

Jay

I'm nit sure why you think you can't see outside in 2D, works fine here. Tiny amount of gauges? Mine show a full panel. Change seat height? Never had to in 2D, only in VC.

That's what I mean.  You shouldn't see the entire panel if the perspective is correct.  That's why in the VC one has to pan (or look around with that evil device you don't like), because it's more realistic.  How do you see "over" the glareshield in 2D?  2D is too restraining... ugh.  I always feel like I'm stuck staring at a tiny part of the plane when there's so much more out there.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |