Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

Best AI traffic solution?

MyTraffic versions are FSX native models only

While they may be FSX native, they look horrible. The UT2 models are also FSX native and most of them actually look like they aircraft they are meant to represent.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

And eat more resources in the meantime when You want same quantity. This really depends on what You are searching for. I wanted to see lot of realistically placed traffic so I went MT 2013. I have my own NGX and Duke to admire ;)

While they may be FSX native, they look horrible. The UT2 models are also FSX native and most of them actually look like they aircraft they are meant to represent.

I'd like to say that actually all of the MTX models look like the planes they are meant to represent (so a clear advantage over UT2? :P).

It is true, however, that the visual quality of MTX isn't up to par with UT2. But for me the better models cost so much more FPS that flying (actually ground operations) is not possible anymore - and except for taxiing I never really come close enough to AI to really see how little detail they have, and I have other things to concentrate on when moving at teh airport. But that's perhaps only my opinion.

Having used both UT and MTX I am now back to WOAI + default GA. Once you have downloaded the stuff it is really simple to use, and it can be uninstalled in less than a second.

Too bad there isn't a WOAI for P3D, but hopefully good forces will unite and created an awesome freeware AI organisation sometime in the future.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'd like to say that actually all of the MTX models look like the planes they are meant to represent (so a clear advantage over UT2? :P).

Haha.  I should have mentioned that the UT2 models that do look bad are the same ones that are used in MTX. CRJ/ERJ, B1900, ATR's and most Russian Airliners. I wouldn't use those in my sim if I still ran FS2002.

Its seeing the aircraft while close up that counts as if you see them that close while flying something's gone wrong. I still have a mix of FS9 AI models in FSX and would far prefer a slight performance hit than to look at those "other" models. To me seeing those MTX models is similar to flying with and without Anti-aliasing or perscription eyewear even lol but I prefer my sim to look good. I haven't used UT2 in a few years now, I've long since switched back to AIG and the freeware route.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Another vote for WOAI. I've just reinstalled it on my system. I did an initial download of the word's major airlines and then if I'm going to be visiting an airport I'll check it with World of AI's airport function which will tell me which airlines operated out of there. Any i don't already have I download and install - it only takes a few minutes.

I should have mentioned that the UT2 models that do look bad are the same ones that are used in MTX. CRJ/ERJ, B1900, ATR's and most Russian Airliners.

Just couldn't resist the previous comment B)

Anyway, I think the problem is that all AI addon developers seem to rely on more or less the same models. At least that was my impression when I tried out Traffic 360 after using MTX. Now your comment seems to confirm this.

The only difference might be the way the different addons handle the flights themselves and some other (perhaps less important) things like aircraft registrations.

VOXATC will add some aircraft to fly around while your at an airport.  It may not give you fancy liveries and schedules but in case you were thinking of replacing your ATC system also....