Sign in to follow this  
mrb32854

New 320.18 Nvidia Driver toxic to FS9?

Finally found this issue being discussed. I too have had the same problem - weird model shading issues like shading depending on camera point of view instead of the light source position, and that patch work effect where the fuselage can have the shade on top and the brighter area under but the passenger and cargo doors are shaded opposite, as is the aircraft nose, giving that weird patchwork effect. 

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

This has happened with every version of Nvidia drivers since 320.xxx for me but I run a gtx 780 so need the 320 or later drivers.  Every version continues to break the FS9 shadows and shading though.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks to this thread I was able to solve it by uninstaling the 320 and reinstalling the previous version (314). But the fall in FPS is very very noticeable, specially with clouds in view. I may have to learn to live with this issue..

My card is GeForce GT 610, with XP on an old PC. I wonder if this could be solved somehow, as not everyone seem to be having this problem.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

I run 337.50 and live with the issue when in FS9...  Much less evident in the sim than in the preview box and only seems to affect aircraft (weird)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Im having this same issue. Searched high and low about this and could find nothing on it, even posted a topic in the video card section as it was after a video card replacement that this happened. For me, its happening with the 335.28 drivers (latest from nvidia). I'll have to search for older drivers and see what works and what doesnt.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Anything before 320.xxx seems to work or maybe it was 314.xxx but if you have a series 7 video card only the newer drivers work and every version has the same issue...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I use the latest Nvidia Driver with an old 9800 GT video card which works fine! In fact, the last two updates brought a marked improvement in both graphics quality, speed and smoothness (up to 60% more fps depending on load). But using this card I have never had anyissues whatsoever with FS9 graphics wise.

This suggests to me that it is the new cards which cause the problem.

Sascha

I use the latest Nvidia Driver with an old 9800 GT video card which works fine! In fact, the last two updates brought a marked improvement in both graphics quality, speed and smoothness (up to 60% more fps depending on load). But using this card I have never had anyissues whatsoever with FS9 graphics wise.

This suggests to me that it is the new cards which cause the problem.

Sascha

Could be Sascha...  I also had the same issue with my 670 SC card before I moved to the 780.   I have seen it with every instance of drivers from 320.xx to the current 337.50

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Does anybody know if a solution for this weird lighting problem on aircraft in FS9 with Nvidia drivers 320 onwards has been found? Just curious.