Sign in to follow this  
Sunaru

Bizjets for FSX and some other questions

I always wondered if there's any good business jets for FSX. I've noticed quite amazing GA offerings (a Lancair Legacy comes to mind - great tip from the AVSIMmer that recommended it to me!), excellent commercial planes (I think we all know which company takes the cake on that area), good military offers, but when it comes to business jets, I haven't seen anything. The closest to a good bizjet I saw was Corenado's King Air but that's not a jet, and I'm not quite sure how good it is.
As such, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good business jet offering and/or if the Carenado King Air is any good. 

Aside from that, I'm also wondering what developers people like. I'd want to know which devs has put out the most products you like/use a lot, and why. Think of it as a counter-balance to the "bad purchases thread", a chance to sing praise where it's deserved! That way, AVSIMmers can also get acquainted with devs beyond the ones they know and we can let people expand beyond the PMDG + FlyTampa combination.  :P

Personally, I use Aerosoft's MegaAirports a lot because of their excellent EBBR rendition as well as Majestic's Q400 and (of course) PMDG's 737NGX. They're both amazing planes with good support (thank god I can hear my turboprops now on Windows 8) and obviously made with love and care. Other devs that get my support are PIS for their excellent Chubu/Centrair rendition and their upcoming Manila Ninoy Aquino Airport and QualityWings for the fantastic Avro collection. As someone who uses Brussels Airlines a lot, getting a high quality Avro RJ100 AND a highly realistic Brussels Airport for FSX was probably what tempted me the most to return to FSX.

Anyway, here's hoping for a lively (but not mean-spirited) discussion!

Ray

Eaglesoft's Citation X 2.0. Incredibly fast and huge range. Their CJ1 2.0 is good too. These are a little older so don't expect the greatest VC's but the systems are top notch. The Flight1 Citation Mustang is great too as a single pilot VLJ(very light jet) precursor to the Citation X. It offers an amazing simulation of the Garmin G1000.

Hi Ray,

There are a couple of offerings available. The most talked about seem to be anything by Eaglesoft, and the Flight1 Mustang. There is also the 800XP from JustFlight (which IMHO flies like a dog!), and my personal favourite, the Xtreme prototypes Lear20. There is something about the Lear20 package that gives it huge amount of character, and she handles great (although most would disagree with me on that one...)

Diego

First of all, thanks to both early repliers!
I'm noticing the Eaglesoft products sound really quite amazing and are praised a lot for their accuracy, but the interior model seems to be aging a bit. Is the Citation the most recent product they developed? Do they still produce planes or is Eaglesoft not producing anything anymore? In any case, I'll be sure to check them out, the sounds seem amazing and the VC update makes it still look good enough to keep my suspension of disbelief!

Edit: Interesting little update: the Citation X 2 doesn't work on Windows 8. It keeps locking up my FSX at random points... Any other suggestions that aren't VLJ's or a solution for a fix?  :mellow:

I do recall hearing that they are working on another bizjet but can't remember what or where I saw it. I tried google but couldn't find anything. Perhaps an Eaglesoft developer will see this thread and chime in.

The one in question is the Citation XLS as we are a licensed by Cessna developer.

There is another under development but it must remain a secret.

We do not as of yet support Win8 for reasons stated in the Avsim Forums...

Here is an outline of what one user experienced with FSX on Windows 8. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/396505-fsx

We suggest that all Win 8 Users have a close look with full attention to the following:

"I learned that excluding FSX from scans by Windows Defender to be a must for FSX on Windows 8."

barryc99 wrote:I had a similar issue with windows 8. Noticed Windows Problem Reporting popping up in task manger. Turned it off. Issue went away.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Action Center\Problem Reporting Settings - Never check for solutions.

We are unconvinced of its viability as an FSX Platform since none of us are unhappy w/our multiple Win7 64 Bit machines.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

To the OP :

I agree with the majority here. The Eaglesoft CX 750 v2 and the Flight 1 Mustang (C510) are considered the 2 top business jets in the payware FSX world. I have also purchased the Citation CJ1+ and the Citation II (C550/551) from Eaglesoft. Both of these jets are excellent for their own reasons (different features and capabilities) depending on what the sim pilot is seeking. I recommend you check out the different features of the Eaglesoft hangar here > http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/Corporate_Aviation.htm

Regarding your question on developers --- Flight 1 is easily the number ONE developer I support as I find their customer service and 30 day full refund policies AWESOME. I also have been satisfied with my numerous dealings with Aerosoft. Don't waste your $$ on the JF Hawker 800XP. Diego is correct, it's a dog and no viable support.

Diego, you keep pushing that Lear 20 package everywhere you go... one day you'll convince me :lol:

WAT1460.png

and my personal favourite, the Xtreme prototypes Lear20. There is something about the Lear20 package that gives it huge amount of character, and she handles great

I would definitely agree with that comment, the Xtreme Lear package has lots of character and is a blast to fly... very challenging.

And also, as you've seen in previous posts above, Eaglesoft is about the top of the line for business jets, in my opinion. I have their Citation X V2 and CJ1+ V2 and have spent many hours in both. Very unique and the systems, exteriors and FMC are very well done.

The Flight1 Mustang is my other go-to plane in certain situations.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Edited by guitarjava

Chris Bremmer

Diego, you keep pushing that Lear 20 package everywhere you go... one day you'll convince me :lol:

What can I say other than she is a great little bird to hand fly! Chris agrees with me too!!! :crazy:

I would definitely agree with that comment, the Xtreme Lear package has lots of character and is a blast to fly... very challenging.

In real life, every type and and every individual plane I have flown has had its quirks- And that's the thing about this Lear. It has its quirks which is what adds to its character.

The only other add-on that I find like this is the Milviz C310.... :wub:

Your options are the above mentioned birds.  Otherwise you will have to wait until PMDG gets around to the BBJ for their NGX.  In the meantime you can fly the NGX with a BBJ repaint.  I actually rather like the looks of a 737-600 as a BBJ even tho it is not officially produced in BBJ form.  You would just have to live without the BBJ's 6000nm range for now.  With fuel stops you can still fly the regular NGX anywhere. 

Something oddball that I have mentioned other Bizjet request threads, the A2A Civil P-51 Mustang.  It has pretty much the same speed and range as a light bizjet.  While being a great GA platform, it is still a powerful V-12 powered warbird for when you want to throw it around the sky.  That and IMHO it is hard to beat the sound of a Rolls Royce Merlin...that is just pure airplane music.  It is systems deep and will keep you on your toes.  She will bite you if you mistreat her.

Cheers

TJ

Would really back all the suggestions above and I also run FSX on Win 8 (64 bit pro).

Turn off windows defender for FSX as mentioned above and the Citation X should work ok although the FMC can be a little brittle sometimes, i.e. select a certain star, transition and approach and it will crash FSX. Might be windows 8 or the base code, either way I just learn to not use those < 1% entries again in the FMC. It's my most used VATSIM plane BTW and would gladly pay for a V3 with updated visuals and a bit more depth on the FMC, that's how much I like it.

Something you might want to consider is the Feelthere ERJ 135/145 they are Bizet size and nice aircraft to learn and fly. Also would second the A2A Mustang, I use it with the RXP 430 and am sure it brings a smile to a controllers face to have me announce aircraft type.

I have a hanger full of bizjets and the 2 I always fly are the ES CJ1 and CX

The CX for the times I need to go high and fast and the CJ1 for medium and shorter flights with short fields, which are most of my flights as I prefer flying lower altitudes to check out the scenery.

Eaglesoft sets the bar for others to follow, and no, I don't own any ES stock  :-)

Jay

Turn off windows defender for FSX as mentioned above and the Citation X should work ok although the FMC can be a little brittle sometimes....

We are unsure how Win8 handles FSDB or Navigraph DB so that could be an area of examination for Win8 users.

would gladly pay for a V3 with updated visuals and a bit more depth....

CX 2.0 will actually undergo such revisions since we recently brought another 3DSMax modeler onboard for just that purpose.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

We are unsure how Win8 handles FSDB or Navigraph DB so that could be an area of examination for Win8 users.

I'll gladly help in anyway I can if you guys want to debug this at some point.

CX 2.0 will actually undergo such revisions since we recently brought another 3DSMax modeler onboard for just that purpose.

Fantastic, warming up the plastic already!

I'll gladly help in anyway I can if you guys want to debug this at some point.

Hans, you know where to contact us....

I have a hanger full of bizjets and the 2 I always fly are the ES CJ1 and CX

The CX for the times I need to go high and fast and the CJ1 for medium and shorter flights with short fields, which are most of my flights as I prefer flying lower altitudes to check out the scenery.

Eaglesoft sets the bar for others to follow, and no, I don't own any ES stock  :-)

Many thanks PIC.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png