Sign in to follow this  
dominique120

How does FS2Crew interact with windws speech recognition?

Right now I migrated to a Windows Server 2008 r2 and as many know server does not have speech recognition. There are some ways to pass speech recognition from win7 over to r2 but I cant seem to get them working.

Now my question is how does FS2Crew Voice control interact with speech recognition? does it read the files where the voice recognition is stored, does it actually use the engine itself or what?

Please help me here because I really want to use voice control.

Thanks!!

Right now I migrated to a Windows Server 2008 r2 and as many know server does not have speech recognition. There are some ways to pass speech recognition from win7 over to r2 but I cant seem to get them working.

Now my question is how does FS2Crew Voice control interact with speech recognition? does it read the files where the voice recognition is stored, does it actually use the engine itself or what?

Please help me here because I really want to use voice control.

Thanks!!

Hi, 

It uses the Microsoft Speech Recognition API (SAPI).

Check this out:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=speech_recognition_setup

However, it doesn't look like Windows Server 2008 supports SAPI:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2general/thread/172a300b-238d-4245-a2ba-b743b6baa87b

Trying to use some odd work around would probably cause problems.

I suggest sticking to "Button Control" unless you get Win 7/ Win 8.

Hi, 

It uses the Microsoft Speech Recognition API (SAPI).

Check this out:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=speech_recognition_setup

However, it doesn't look like Windows Server 2008 supports SAPI:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2general/thread/172a300b-238d-4245-a2ba-b743b6baa87b

Trying to use some odd work around would probably cause problems.

I suggest sticking to "Button Control" unless you get Win 7/ Win 8.

If it just uses the API(witch I think I already got "working") I could train my voice on a win 7 installation, then copy the files with the configuration and "my voice" over to r2 for voice control to use. You think this could work?

And if you dont mind me asking, what program do you use to pack/unpack the soundpacks? its in xbox format but I cant seem to get any app to work.(I hope asking this is not against the ToS, if it is, sorry)

If it just uses the API(witch I think I already got "working") I could train my voice on a win 7 installation, then copy the files with the configuration and "my voice" over to r2 for voice control to use. You think this could work?

Sorry, I have no idea.  You'd need to ask Microsoft about that one.

And if you dont mind me asking, what program do you use to pack/unpack the soundpacks? its in xbox format but I cant seem to get any app to work.(I hope asking this is not against the ToS, if it is, sorry)

Why do you want to decompile the sounds?

We use XACT... I've never seen a program that can decompile XACT projects.

Sorry, I have no idea. You'd need to ask Microsoft about that one.

I'll try and see what I can do, thanks

Why do you want to decompile the sounds?

Remember a week or so back I asked about switching voices? like US captain, AU first officer, FR crew? and previewing? I was thinking why don't I extract everything, see witch I like, then choose! And also I thought why don't I just switch the names of the tracks in the bank, that way, when the AU registry looks for the AU sounds, it finds the US ones instead.

So I got the XNA dev tools and XACT but it appears that decompiling is not possible, Anything you could suggest? I understand if this is not allowed, just tell me.

Thanks!

So I got the XNA dev tools and XACT but it appears that decompiling is not possible, Anything you could suggest? I understand if this is not allowed, just tell me.

Sorry, I've never seen a tool that can decompile an XACT project.