Sign in to follow this  
Arismac

NVIDIA Inspector profile settings, please

G'day all,

Can anyone oblige me with the Profile settings for the GTX680 that need changing in the NVIDIA Inspector with Prepar3D selected.

Many thanks, Mac

Do a google on Kostas weblog he has his settings in there. Under fsx software and hardware guide.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Just be aware that P3D behaves slightly differently than FSX, it took me 3 weeks of tearing my hair out after upgrading graphics card.

Lots of trial and error and dependant on your hardware as well. Happy to share my settings with you if you like ( I have a GTX660Ti)

Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated.

Mac

I have currently set to the 8xS settings for FSX taken from this excellent POST.

Everything seems just about OK except that my menu text is somewhat battered and worn.

It was the point made by Will above, that had me post here in case any updates had become available. I had heard of the differences between FSX and P3D.

Mac

WR269,

You wrote ..............Lots of trial and error and dependant on your hardware as well. Happy to share my settings with you if you like ( I have a GTX660Ti)

I too have a GTX660TI, However, I only use photoscenery, will you settings be compatible? If so, can I take you up on you offer please.

Thanks Phil

I have currently set to the 8xS settings for FSX taken from this excellent POST.

Everything seems just about OK except that my menu text is somewhat battered and worn.

It was the point made by Will above, that had me post here in case any updates had become available. I had heard of the differences between FSX and P3D.

Mac

Using Nvidia Inspector my P3D menu has characters that look faded, out of focus, and have uneven intensity.

But, I do not know which setting is causing it.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I was never able to get it right with 8xS for that very same reason, but it's really not required since the display is a lot smoother by default in P3D than it was in FSX, so you can go with the 4s..

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I was never able to get it right with 8xS for that very same reason, but it's really not required since the display is a lot smoother by default in P3D than it was in FSX, so you can go with the 4s..

Thanks for the information .. I will try 4xS.

I do not know the difference between 4x and 8x?

I think 8x worked best in FSX for me so I used those settings in P3D ... bad logic!

Also, the guide here at PMDG: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

for Jan 2013 is not up to date with the newest Nvidia inspector. I think the new inspector has new items that will or must be selected.

But in the drop/down list for the items you do not know which selection to make.

It is very easy to get messed up on this stuff ... for me anyway.

Best Regards,

When I arrive home later today I'll post my NI settings for P3D :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

OK, Thanks.

Best Regards,

I don't mind sharing mine. These work for me.

NvidiaInspector-P3D_zps698813cc.jpg

Ok, and this is mine... after all using 8xS :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Using Nvidia Inspector my P3D menu has characters that look faded, out of focus, and have uneven intensity.

But, I do not know which setting is causing it.

i observed the same looks in the menu , have  8xS 2xSS set in inspector.  the sim itself looks good thou..