Sign in to follow this  
Arismac

NVIDIA Inspector profile settings, please

Ok, and this is mine... after all using 8xS :-/

Mine are very similar to this, but I am running 4xS instead of 8xS, and am limiting the frame rate via Inspector rather than P3D.

I originally followed Word Not Allowed's guide and got terrible stutters, no matter what I tried.

I then deleted the Prepar3D.cfg file to start afresh, and noticed the new file did not have Himemfix=1, not sure why, but from memory, the first time I installed P3D the line was there? Anyway, I added the line, and that was it, the rest is left as default.

I read the posts at PMDG forum stating that people had found the internal (FSX) limiter did a better job that the NI one, so I tried it. In my rig, the internal (P3D)limiter did not jump in values as much, but it cost me about 3-4 fps, so I went for the external limiter once again.

I run my sim on windowed mode, and after trying all the combinations for vertical sync, which a few people advise you don't need on P3D, I settled for application controlled and 1/2 refresh rate.

I am running a 27 inch monitor with windows on native resolution 2560x1900, I find no visual difference in setting my sim to run also at 2560x1900 or lower it to 1900x1200 except that my card runs a little cooler, so I run at the lower res.

The latest posts in the PMDG forum also suggest let the sim control antialiasing, so I have changed this to application controlled and am running trilinear with anisotropic filtering off. No loss of graphic quality at all, and a smooth sim for me.

Last flight I tested, took off from Aerosoft Frankfurt in the middle of a storm, low overcast conditions, low visibility, driving rain and lightning, my card load was 78% at its peak, and the lowest frames I got were 20 fps but smooth as butter.

Well, the HIGHMEM fix is obsolete, and really unecessary in P3D. You can still put it there, it does get parsed, but nothing results from that because the code of P3D is already optimised for the modern graphics cards.

After many year using frame rate limiting, either from inside and outside FSX, I am running P3D at Unlimited, and no restriction on NI either. I get the best results this way, with absolutely no stuttering!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, the HIGHMEM fix is obsolete, and really unecessary in P3D. You can still put it there, it does get parsed, but nothing results from that because the code of P3D is already optimised for the modern graphics cards.

After many year using frame rate limiting, either from inside and outside FSX, I am running P3D at Unlimited, and no restriction on NI either. I get the best results this way, with absolutely no stuttering!

Ah, thanks for this, might remove it if it is not necessary. I also tried running the sim at UInlimited but didnt like the results much.

Unfortunately since I got a larger monitor, the level of adjusting of the configurations has increased for me. The sim is really smooth until I have to turn, then it doesnt stutter, but gets a little blurry...might start playing with either the refresh rate or higher filtering.....more tweaking up ahead!

Having said that, one thing is for sure, I have never had a system crash or lock up, P3D has run stable as a rock ever since I got it!

Steve,
Thanks for the data.
I noticed you have an old version of NI (1.9.55.) And you do not have a FPS (frames per second) setting?
I am using version 1.9.7.1.

j. monteiro ... thanks for the data here.
I noticed your Frame Rate Limiter is not set.
Why is that?
Opps, read a later post and you mentioned why .. thanks.

I took screenshots of all of the NI setups posted here so I can sort it out a bit later.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I now have a GTX680 that is performing more like it is supposed with P3D. I have learned a whole lot more about fine tuning a GPU.

Cheers, Mac

Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I now have a GTX680 that is performing more like it is supposed with P3D. I have learned a whole lot more about fine tuning a GPU.

Cheers, Mac

Great to hear, care to share your new settings?

Copied directly from this THREAD, Will.

I do not understand this thread link.

I thought it would be a link to your NI settings?

Is this a commercial advertising thread ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Very sorry Will, I was trying to be all clean and tidy and the link broke. Here is what it looks like in Plain Language. LOL

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Thanks, truth be told I have used these settings and I have a good stable sim. Glad it is working for you as well.