Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

How many of you have flown in real life?

I got a chance to fly back seat from NAS Lemoore in our two seater F/A-18's. -------- How cool is that wow so jealous  :good:

Rich Sennett

I went to Flight School at Toronto Airways from 1994 to 1996, switched to Toronto Island Airport from 1997 to 1998.....then I ran out of money to fly and haven't been back since.

Good thing Flight Sim 98 came out when it did and was interesting enough to keep me going...My local airport charges way to much to fly nowadays so I will just stick with FSX.

Matthew Kane

Plenty of hours in a Piper Tomahawk, a few in a Warrior and the best was an hour in BA's 737-400 full motion simulator at Heathrow. Amazing.

I flew KC135As for the Air Force back in Viet Nam days. Haven't flown much since I left the Air Force, but last summer, my son bought us rides on Air Combat USA. An amazing experience. We flew Macchetti SF260s with an experienced instructor in each aircraft. After some basic instruction, we passed each on opposite headings, and the fight was on! I knew what we were in for, but my son had never experienced significant g forces. He did pretty well considering all his flight experience was on a computer, but in the end, old age and treachery prevailed. We did a total of 5 aerial combats and most of the fighting was in the vertical. We were airborne for an hour and I flew all of it except for the takeoff and landing.

It's a rather pricey experience, but for most people, it's the closest they will ever come to combat flying

Dale

Dale

I had a demo flight in a C172 with a local flight school. I did everything except land and take-off. It was a lot of fun and quite interesting to compare my experiences in FSX to real flying.

I'm flying for 24 years now, and all things on target, in two months time I'll log my 20,000th hour behind the controls of an aircraft... Anyone want to try and beat that?  :P  ^_^  :blush:  :rolleyes:  B)

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Thats Awesome Ronan - thanks for sharing

Rich Sennett

And to think I still have 16 years left flying as it stands, maybe more...  ^_^  If retirement age goes to 70, I could easily log more than 35,000 hours!!!  :O  ^_^  B)

Now wouldn't that be something...  ^_^

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I just fly a small plane in the european UL class owned by the local flight club. But it costs only 50 euros an hour including everything so is pretty cheap. Yesterday it was a wonderful evening hear in Finland, noticed that the airplane was not booked so got my stuff and 30 minutes later I was flying. Landed after an hour and a friend with an Ikarus UL asked if I wanted to try his airplane which I havent flown before. So took it for a short 20 minute spin. Landed and another friend showed up for a flight with the Ikarus. Figured two is a company so I joined him in the air in the club plane for another hour. 2,2 hours just like that! :=)

I just did a short flight EFMA-ESSN on Vatsim since I'm gonna fly that tomorrow. Good to be prepared especially since I can use the flightnav app I have on the iPad also when I fly on FSX!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

And to think I still have 16 years left flying as it stands, maybe more...  ^_^  If retirement age goes to 70, I could easily log more than 35,000 hours!!!  :O  ^_^  B)

Now wouldn't that be something...  ^_^

Regards,

Ró.

You lucky devil. I would literally give anything to do that for a living. Sadly life went in another direction and I'm an accountant!! Which airline do you fly for out of interest?

However, in totally coincidental circumstances, part of the company I look after runs a Helicopter fleet out of my local airport (Bristol) and I've been promised a ride in an EC135 from one of the pilots shortly, so that's something to look forward to!

I've had one discovery flight in a DA-40.

I do plan on getting at least up to an instrument rating. It'll all have to wait a bit, til I'm done with school.

I own and fly a Jodel 150 Mascaret in the UK. I am planning on trying for a fATPL and hopefully a change of career. Aircraft ownership can be surprisingly cheap and many people fly for less than £30 an hour. I see owning an aircraft as owning another vehicle which I can use to commute or to go away for weekends and ultimately every hour i fly, I am training and in investing in a new career.

I'm flying for 24 years now, and all things on target, in two months time I'll log my 20,000th hour behind the controls of an aircraft... Anyone want to try and beat that?  :P  ^_^  :blush:  :rolleyes:  B)

Regards,

Ró.

Haha I just past 1800 a few weeks ago. When I was flying for the airline I went from 1300 to 1700 in just under a year and half that year I was in sim and Captain upgrade and reserve. Now that I am back in corporate I've only logged 80 hours this year. 

I've actually flown the front cockpit seat of an old Stampe - Vertonghen twice now, once in an offcial loop and once on a recreational flight. It's an amazing feeling to fly a bi-plane with such a rich history!