Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dannyterrazza

Captain Sim 777 1.2

So they just shared this picture on facebook. I didn't think that they were ever going to release a patch but the pressure of PMDG probably made them to do it. Weather radar and other features are coming. 977276_658019934213801_381198520_o.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

interesting, Maybe CS will complete this 777, and with new features plus this update that must fix all the bugs (hopefully) because it has been a while since the last update. this must mean we may have two working 777 in the market with PMDG releasing theirs and that wont be a bad thing....  

Speaking though from seeing all the previews of the WXR, TCF and TERR, it may not be bad, and may actually stand up to PMDG, but its too early to tell because the 777X isn't even out yet, nor is this update..

Sorry about my English...

And in most of the shots, the speed tape is showing overspeed, which is odd.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

And there is no VNAV or LNAV pictures either. The email I have says just the wx radar and terrain is coming to 1.2 everything else is already in 1.1

JeffG  

http://www.captainsim.com/products/x777/200/systems.html

According to this, at the bottom of the list, only the 'WXR, TCAS and TERRAIN are coming in 1.2'

No change log that I can see on their site or in the mail they sent. Safe to say. most likely adding features that will produce their own bugs without any solution to the ones that already exist. 

On the bright side, another T7 is almost here. So I'm going to have to force myself to wait just a bit longer for that to be released!

This is Captain Sim's last chance.

If they deliver a 777 with a convincing flight model, enough systems to convince me nothing is wrong, and good enough VNAV that convinces me it's acceptable, then I'll fly it for a bit until the PMDG comes, or until repaints of airlines that I want to fly are available.

However, they never deliver. I'll download the patch and test it, but I really don't think we're in for any kind of surprise increase in patch quality...

CS announced a - sparse - change list before releasing their v1.1 but they refrained from doing so with v1.2. All we get to know of v1.2 is the eye-candy - not a single bugfix for the 1.1 version has been announced ...

CS announced a - sparse - change list before releasing their v1.1 but they refrained from doing so with v1.2. All we get to know of v1.2 is the eye-candy - not a single bugfix for the 1.1 version has been announced ...

That they didn't say does not mean they were not doing.

That they didn't say does not mean they were not doing.

Strictly speaking you're right.

The sad thing is that, according to CS's rules and statements, this plane should have been completed in version 1.0. It's not yet even in v1.1.

(My statement does not refer to the TCAS, the EGPWS or the wx radar. CS made clear these features will be delivered after release of v1.0. I'm just referring to the further incompleteness of displays, the FMS/CDU and some more items.)

Customers having bought the 1.0 or the 1.1 version are entitled to ask when (or if!) this product will ever be finished. (They paid the full price for a fully featured title when purchasing v1.0 or later.)

Time (and CS) will tell what's in version 1.2 - on v1.2 release date the latest. Let's wait and see  ...

The sad thing is that, according to CS's rules and statements, this plane should have been completed in version 1.0

What aircraft addon is complete at version 1.0? It seems you want CS to live up to a standard we don't expect even PMDG to meet. There has been 3 Service packs so far for the NGX, and we are expecting another after their 777 is released. That said, I do agree, in this case the CS777 was officially released prematurely! It should have at least had TCAS, and the EICAS more complete before 1.0. Ver 1.2 looks good so far, so hopefully other things like more complete EICAS messaging will be added as well!

The NGX had a fully featured VNAV/FMC/whatever in v1.0, lol!

Anyway, let's hope for the best, as far as CS777 customers, especially those who paid the full 50/60 Euro price, are concerned.

The sad thing is that, according to CS's rules and statements, this plane should have been completed in version 1.0

What aircraft addon is complete at version 1.0? It seems you want CS to live up to a standard we don't expect even PMDG to meet. There has been 3 Service packs so far for the NGX, and we are expecting another after their 777 is released. That said, I do agree, in this case the CS777 was officially released prematurely! It should have at least had TCAS, and the EICAS more complete before 1.0. Ver 1.2 looks good so far, so hopefully other things like more complete EICAS messaging will be added as well!

lol!

Come on! The 777 is the worst release of CS so far. Even the 757 has still some show stoppers after so many updates. My hopes are not too high that they will fix the issues. They are probably not able to do that. They should hire someone else to program the systems. It's just waste of talent, since their modeling and texture work is top notch!

To compare this junk with PMDG's work, oh my...

There was a thread running on the CS official forum a while ago, where long-term and 'hardcore' CS fans would compare and rank their numerous CS planes:

The CS 777 was beaten by most of the other CS planes in most of the posted rankings.

Just to 2nd, that the 777 is even below CS's own development average ...

Come on! The 777 is the worst release of CS so far. Even the 757 has still some show stoppers after so many updates.

Didn't I say as much with the CS777? Still, right now in it's current state, it's the best 777 made for FSX on the current market. (That's not saying much) That should change in a few weeks! As for the 757, what are these show stoppers? I don't see them! Is it PMDG quality? Of course not, none are. Again though it is the best 757 on the FSX market IMHO!

Still waiting on that patch! I think they are just going to add eye candy to it and make it worse as stated up above in a previous post. Especially after seeing the overspeed in the pics! I'm going to hold out until CS says it's complete in their eyes before I pass judgment on the 777.

Well, CS is right about one thing IMHO:  WXR *IS* possible to adequately model.

No matter what "they" say, it can be done.

What needs to be done though is to setup an interface with ASE or REX to do it properly.

Well, CS is right about one thing IMHO:  WXR *IS* possible to adequately model.

No matter what "they" say, it can be done.

What needs to be done though is to setup an interface with ASE or REX to do it properly.

You hit the nail right on the head with that statement!

This is Captain Sim's last chance.

If they deliver a 777 with a convincing flight model, enough systems to convince me nothing is wrong, and good enough VNAV that convinces me it's acceptable, then I'll fly it for a bit until the PMDG comes, or until repaints of airlines that I want to fly are available.

However, they never deliver. I'll download the patch and test it, but I really don't think we're in for any kind of surprise increase in patch quality...

I agree, it's a lot like election.

If we have an unknown person and want to make him a candidate, the person has a good chance of being elected.

When we have a well-known person, but with an index of rejection in the same proportion, the person is not a good candidate, we have to clean up your file and then try to work the positives.

I do not believe in recovery, certainly other bigger problems will come and will add to the already existing.

I hope to be wrong, because the graphical Csim is very, very good.

João Alfredo

And in most of the shots, the speed tape is showing overspeed, which is odd.

Some wierd things going on in the PFD for sure. ALT hold is on, but have a 1700+ ft/min dive at about 1800 ft so impact due in about 1 min. Certainly not holding the 10000 ft set. SPD hold is on but have 25kts overspeed.

In other shots speed tape is well into the red. But I do notice that in one of the shots all the MCP windows were set to zero

So -- I assume the guys were just slewing around to make the screen shots, not actually flying on AP. Lets hope so otherwise we are really in for another buggy systems release / patch.

Lets give CS some credit, and just wait and see. I do not think they would be so uncaring of their customers to just not fix some of the more serious bugs in V1.1. Simply releasing a V1.2 with the same bugs plus WXR, TERR, TCAS eye-candy would really be throwing egg in the face of even their most dedicated supporters, who have been consoling irate new CS-777 customers for the last three months with "cool it, this will be fixed I'm sure in the coming 1.2 - just be patient".

And as Wendall said, it really is CS's last shot to salvage some pride before PMDG completely upstages them. Would really be nice to have two 777 packages out there after nearly 7 years of FSX with no good payware 777.

So here is to hoping!

Rob

I agree that they likely slewed the aircraft for these shots and didn't take the time to correctly configure the aircraft, but even if this is true, it is unprofessional because it makes the product look bad and inspires questions about the state of this product. I want them to get things right, but my expectations are extremely low based on their track record.

So they just shared this picture on facebook. I didn't think that they were ever going to release a patch but the pressure of PMDG probably made them to do it. Weather radar and other features are coming.

I was expecting at least one more patch, as there's still EICAS to simulate properly for a start, not to mention VNAV not working properly, also the way it ignores speed restrictions and even the VMO/MMO limits.  I'd rather have that fixed in v1.2 than get WXR and Terrain (though I want those too but they are less important).

Didn't I say as much with the CS777? Still, right now in it's current state, it's the best 777 made for FSX on the current market. (That's not saying much) That should change in a few weeks! As for the 757, what are these show stoppers? I don't see them! Is it PMDG quality? Of course not, none are. Again though it is the best 757 on the FSX market IMHO!

There's still far too much wrong with the 757.  I bought it after the last patch.  I reported a long list of problems with it to Captain Sim and they said they were no longer supporting the current 757 as they were developing a new version of it.  I'd say the Quality Wings 757 was overall a much better product, even though some systems are missing or not in much depth.  Neither come close to the old PSS 757 for FS9.

Captain Sim is all about rushing out new unfinished stuff to meet demand.  Then the old unfinished stuff gets abandoned.  I only bought the 777 when it was part of one of their €9.99 sales.  It's OK, it's worth about that price.  I would never pay full price for a CS product..

I would never pay full price for a CS product..

Ain't that the truth...