Sign in to follow this  
regamuffin

Airport charts arrival/departure

As it says guys what's the best program or website/place to get terminal arrival and departure charts from for all over the world I know Airnav is good for USA and Nats ais is good for UK but be nice to have it all in one place

Cheers Paul

Lots of Jeppesen's online, however most are out of date. So next best thing in my opinion, is Navigraph - which are Navtechs charts. Extremely cheap too if you think about it. Airlines such as British Airways use them in the real world along with the enroute. I don't personally like the FAA's or NATS format for charts, so I use Navtech for everything - minus my paper Jeppesen North Atlantic Plotting Charts.

Now if only Navigraph had their iPad app done! You have to print to PDF if you want them as that, which is no biggy. However, if you want every page bookmarked, it doesn't do it for you in Navigraph's new software when printing to PDF - so you'll need Acrobat to do it manually which is a shame. I may look to downgrade my navigraph software so I can get bookmarks automatically which makes it a godsend navigating around the charts via Adobe Reader on iPad. 

Paul,

IMHO depends how much money you want to spend and where you are flying. In my case it looks like this:

1. areas of interest: NA, Europe, Australia

2. I use charts from the following sources:

- skyvector.com for NA

- Eurocontrol for Europe, you need a free account for the latest and official charts: http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html

- Australia: http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/pending/dap/AeroProcChartsTOC.htm (also free)

For the rest I use Navigraph

All good input cheers lads!, I use to use navigraph but lost all my charts when I didn't save them and done a wile clean

Try with AivlaSoft. You'll be provided with a fully working demo during 30 days, which is pretty enough time to decide if you want to buy it. You'll have everything you'll need from chocks-off at origin airport to chocks-on at destination airport. (Docking chart, taxi chart, SID-STARs, all approach types charts, VATSIM and IVAO support within the program, METAR and more features). 

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

I second this Aivlasoft suggestion from Ivan. Since I used it, I never thought about printing a chart again (or looking for one...) it's all there and updated if you wish through Navigraph and NavData. As indicated try it free for 30 days and decide if this is what you wish.

If you fly in Canada, I would recommend www.fltplan.com .  They're the only source I know of where you can access current Canadian charts at no cost.  A free subscription is required to get to the Air Canada stuff.  Once you've registered, go to the "Charts and Maps" link on the left and enter your airport identifier.

They have current US charts as well, but of course there are many sources for those.

Scott

for EU there is a fre way to get the active charts you only need to create a free acound: only note the format of the chart might be different depending on where as the charts hee is from the local authorities of the contry´s but i what jeppesen and other uses to create there charts whit there standards.. but it´s ok for some contrys as they look close to payware charts from navigraph or jeppesen..

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html

Best regards Lars N.

Of all the formats, I prefer LIDOs, however these are notoriously hard to find, even outdated. Shame.

Jeppessen do not seem to mind very much if their charts lie around on the internet, they probably realize that they are not loosing any business because of that (some small operators maybe even tend to choose them because most people are familiar with the brand). Of course if you always want to be current then that is a different story.

If you do indeed always want to be current, then I can say, at least for Europe, ead.eurocontrol.int works great, of course every chart is in a different national format, which may be a nuisance. Same holds for the US, where FAA hosts a current chart server, and you can find similar services for many other countries, since ICAO mandates that the access to national AIPs shall be free, national agencies may only sell AIPs for manufacturing costs.

Guys,

Any discussion of where to find copyrighted Jepp or LIDO charts is completely out of bounds here. Those cost a ton of money and regardless of what you may think, I'm positive neither company enjoys having them pirated online.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com