Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ErichB

Captain Sim 777

I know everyone is eagerly awaiting PMDG's version but does anyone have the CS 777? Now that the VC is included, any objective views?

Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Eric, sorry but I don't recommend it, i bought it and it is now deleted. the CS has a great external design and a good sound package, but the systems are not yet complete (e.g. no TCAS !) and the VNAV and the flight dynamics are not working properly (in a very diplomatic way). I suggest you Wait for PMDG and save your money.

It really is looking very good.

If they also have fixed several bugs then things are going to look nice....

I can't believe you would even consider it. The wait for the PMDG 777X will be worth it!

It just doesn't make sense to buy the CS 777 and waste all your hard earned money!

It really is looking very good.

If they also have fixed several bugs then things are going to look nice....

I note that you speak only in terms of "looks" ... for the hardcore/serious simmer CS is *NOT* the way to go for a quality 777.  Avoid it like the plague.

I note that you speak only in terms of "looks" ... for the hardcore/serious simmer CS is *NOT* the way to go for a quality 777.  Avoid it like the plague.

I agree,

Plus they will abandon it and move onto the the next shiny toy in development soon.

I bought it when it first came out and now that 1.1 is onboard it still sits in the hangar. CS has not given the product they said they would. Multiple problems and the manuals are still saying coming soon, but they keep putting out new  aircraft. Can they not finish a product before bringing out a new one?

JeffG

Plus they will abandon it and move onto the the next shiny toy in development soon.

This is true as well:  follow-on support and patching is half-baked and half-a**ed.

I know:  I have their 767 and followed their forums for a couple of years.

Their jets are akin to the bubble-headed hot babe:  nice to look at but there aint nothing intelligent under the hood, IE systems modelling is incomplete/inaccurate.

Dont want this to turn into a CS bashing thread but consumers need to know:  the EULA for all these software give us no recourse.

This is true as well:  follow-on support and patching is half-baked and half-a**ed.

I know:  I have their 767 and followed their forums for a couple of years.

Their jets are akin to the bubble-headed hot babe:  nice to look at but there aint nothing intelligent under the hood.

Their 767 is flying fine on my pc....

Everything is working fine ; I even can fly a DME arc...

Their 767 is flying fine on my pc....

Everything is working fine ; I even can fly a DME arc...

Oh?  I have not flown it for 2 years, how does it now compare to the LDS 763 for systems modelling?  I know there is no malfunction modelling but, for example, last time I flew it the VNAV did not function correctly and could not be trusted, AFAIK that was never fixed.

Oh?  I have not flown it for 2 years, how does it now compare to the LDS 763 for systems modelling?  I know there is no malfunction modelling but, for example, last time I flew it the VNAV did not function correctly and could not be trusted, AFAIK that was never fixed.

Never had an issue with the CS767.

Neither VNAV, LNAV or any other system. No rocking issue...

Lucky me.... B)  

I am  also not happy with the way things where going with the CS 777, but I will Judge  AFTER  v1.2 has been released. 

Don't forget it took PMDG 5 updates over a period of 6 months to have their 737 where it is now...

Okay. Thanks all. I think I've made a decision. Ill wait for PMDG - I'm buying their version anyway.

Ill wait for the CS L1011 instead

Their jets are akin to the bubble-headed hot babe:  nice to look at but there aint nothing intelligent under the hood, IE systems modelling is incomplete/inaccurate.

This is indeed a good description of CS products in general...... fine, drop-dead-gorgeous models, but only really recommended for those that like to just get some pretty textures into the air, to look at in spot view.

For systems, simulation, and immersion fans ....... forget it!

....and as others have said, their approach to abandoning every product they release, before they've completed the fixes they promise, cannot be ignored.

I am still waiting for them to fix the things they said they would on their 737-200, and I'll be waiting a long time (eternity?).

I dont want to be so negative, but the way they do their aircrafts is the same no matter what the project is. I can easily recommend the MJS Q400 if you want to try a new aircraft (if you dont have it already). if you want an airliner, again wait for PMDG 777.

I dont want to be so negative, but the way they do their aircrafts is the same no matter what the project is. I can easily recommend the MJS Q400 if you want to try a new aircraft (if you dont have it already). if you want an airliner, again wait for PMDG 777.

I have the MJS Q400, and all other PMDG products. Was just wondering whether the CS 777 had improved over their previous releases - which I also have. I will still get their L1011, as I'm not particularly blown away by the other available model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No. Don't waste your money. It is not worth $10. Just wait for the PMDG or even get a freeware version. While it might not look as good, it will still fly better.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

The speed tape tape and vertical speed indicator show some odd indications in these shots, with some of them way in the red overspeed range.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Not even VNAV is working on their own screenshots.

I had a strange feeling myself looking at those CS screenshots: Have they given up on completing and debugging their FMS and core flightdeck systems and rather concentrate completely on the eye-candy stuff?!?   :unsure:

This release isn't worth a single cent, that's for sure!

Okay, just reinstalled the CS767 and removed it almost as fast.  Junk.  Systems do not act correctly and you scratch your head wondering just what the jet is doing.  It aint all there.

Benchmark being the LDS 763.

I do not recommend buying CS777.
I did it and regret it, wait for PMDG.

João Alfredo

Don't forget it took PMDG 5 updates over a period of 6 months to have their 737 where it is now...

and yet frustrating performance still remains

any objective views?

There are some harsh comments already so no need to rehash. CS has unique features that no other developer offers, including, but not limited to, excellent texturing and proper cabins.    

It cannot be denied that successful flying of CS modern airliners is a challenge, I credit this due to the fact that CS aircraft are in general not fault tolerant.  When users complain that the VNAV does not work or says it behaves irrationally, in my own opinion, had those same users operated the system properly, they might have avoided their frustration.

When a user understands that the aircraft must be flown the way it wants and not any other way, that gives rise to a satisfaction of accomplishment that cannot easily be achieved with other developer's offerings outside of A2A's excellent offerings, or Milviz.

Therefore, to call a developer's offerings not worth any amount is beyond reason just because they follow a different philosophy of design.

Conclusion is, if a person wants to fly a beautiful representation of a 777 that has features not available anywhere else, and, has the patience and fortitude to learn how to fly it, there is a very nice option on the market at this moment produced by CS. On the other hand, if fault tolerance is something one must have modeled in their purchase, then by no means should one invest in the CS offering as frustration will, without doubt, ensue.

Regards;

Fritz