Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

Navigraph charts on iPad?

I use Navigraph nDac for airport charts, which I really like, but it's annoying to have to keep switching between FSX and the application to look at charts, unless I print them.

Is there an easy way to get them on an iPad? The only way I've thought of so far is to "Print" to PDF and then move the PDF's onto the iPad, which should work fine but will be time consuming.

Thanks

Wow, that looks almost too good to be true.

Do you not have to prove somehow that you have a RW reason to be using them? No sign up credentials or verification or anything?

Looks like you do need to get approval. Look at the screenshot on the link.

Looks good otherwise.

Looking at it, there is a verification process which you have to go through, submitting your airlines details, so sadly this is only for RW pilots!

Looks like you do need to get approval. Look at the screenshot on the link.

Looks good otherwise.

Beat me to it!

So, back to the original question, is there any kind of navigraph iPad app currently, or planned? I can't find anything about one so I'm guessing not. Would be crazy if they're not planning on adding this functionality as so many people use tablets these days. In theory you would think it would be easy enough to implement, if you're an existing customer and they can see which charts you have purchased etc.

Having just registered and trawled through the Navigraph forums, it seems as if they do have something in the pipeline, though ETA is unknown. In January they descibed it as "some way off" and in April someone posted asking for an update, and was told there is no news at the moment.

So it seems like in the short term, the only option is to "print to pdf" and get them onto the iPad that way.

I will prob buy a Surface Pro and use navigraph.

Very nice but I don't have £700 for a chart viewer!

Print your navigraph charts to PDF and put them on your ipad.

Lido has about 25 airports that are free. It's pretty cool.

Bryn

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Download the DropBox app and then just drag and drop the PDF to the Dropbox folder

Gavin Price

But if an airport has lots of charts its going to be so annoying. Can you convert them to PDFs in batches?

I use to use Dropbox and yes it's annoying. I now run Navigraph on a second PC along with all my other FSX ancillaries such as EFB, Vroute, etc.

If Navigraph offered an ipad app to view charts you've bought that would be a key selling point over its competitor (really just one, right?). Maybe something for them to think about!

Yeah, you can save the PDFs individually and view them that way but that's almost more work than it's worth.

James

Navigraph has a batch print button.  You can print all the charts at once to pdf, or you can do what I do, and print general, SIDs, STARs, and Approaches to grouped pdfs.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Navigraph has a batch print button.  You can print all the charts at once to pdf, or you can do what I do, and print general, SIDs, STARs, and Approaches to grouped pdfs.

Ah excellent that saves a lot of time.

On the ipad, can you highlight and write on PDFs?