Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Does the Saying "If It Aint Broke Don't Fix It" Apply to the Update?

I just downloaded the FS9 update, FSUIPC 3.4, installed FSUIPC, and clicked on the EXE file to commence the update. I then got the warning that it may cause addons to not work properly. OK, now what. Due to my usual luck and belief in the philosophy 'if something can go wrong, it will', do I continue or not??: I have Active Camera, Ultimate Traffic, FSGenesis USA mesh, FScene, FSMeteo, and Radar Contact installed, and decent performance, although some stutters and jumping around of FPS at times. What am I in for? Thanks. Regards, Tom

Well for Active Camera you need the patch for it to work with FS9 update. I can't say about the other stuff cause I don't have them.

Patches generally fixes more thing than they break for most people it would definiatly be worth it :). How about being able to fly everywhere without seasonal CTD for example?You will need to patch active camera but that you should do anyway to get access to all new functions :)

>I just downloaded the FS9 update, FSUIPC 3.4, installed>FSUIPC, and clicked on the EXE file to commence the update. I>then got the warning that it may cause addons to not work>properly. OK, now what. Due to my usual luck and belief in the>philosophy 'if something can go wrong, it will', do I continue>or not??: I have Active Camera, Ultimate Traffic, FSGenesis>USA mesh, FScene, FSMeteo, and Radar Contact installed, and>decent performance, although some stutters and jumping around>of FPS at times. What am I in for? Thanks.> Regards,> Tom Hi TomLike yourself I have FSMeteo and Radar Contact and the Patch installed with no problems in about 2 min using a DSL connection.Just be sure that you have the original files which came with FS2004 are in their respective folders.Any file which may have been altered will cause the installer to exit.The only program you are runing which was reported in a previous thread would be Active Camera which requires a patch.Good luck Tom.Kenny G.

Guest cw1011

I don't have active camera, but I do have the mesh and a slew of ai traffic created from the packages at Project AI. My install did hic-up at the panel.dll - but I simply replaced that file on my hardrive with the original on the FS9 disks, and the upgrade finished nicely. I have experienced no problems whatsoever with the patch - quite the contrary, the sim looks and performs better to my eye. Colin

Guest Bud

TomYou might want to check on the Ult Traffic Forum. It seems that there may be some problems with the patch and UT. Some folks have been getting pretty heated about it.Bud