Sign in to follow this  
KilRoy

MD11 is not on the track

Hello,

During flight from ANC to OAK my MD11 has always deviated from the route like this:

v5jp81.jpg

I tried DIRECT TO option but it does not work.

Sorry about language mistakes.

Paweł

Are you sure your in NAV mode? That LNAV as common for Boeing.

Perhaps your in heading mode

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Well if you want a DIRECT TO, after you press it, then choose the waypoint which populates the DIRECT TO you have to press it again to Exectute it. 

But looking at the screen shot again, looks like   its heading to KATCH but you have a 30kt crosswind and perhaps zoomed way in, it might show it off track by a little. Although 30 kts isnt much to show that much. My guess is still to ensure NAV is entered. Sometimes a big wind/pressure shift will knock the modes off to the alternative. 

Try putting in a waypoint that is closer by using the WPT  option and choosing one to populate it and direct it to that pt and see what happens. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Flight1 Registry repair tool. Google it, Download it, Run it as administrator.

Also check the behaviour of the takeoff roll. Have a runway and SID departure set in the FMS. line up on Runway and takeoff. Does the Nav display look like you are pointed off to one side of the runway while you 'slide' down the centreline in a crab? 100% the Registry repair tool is required if this is the case.

This is kinda bug when you fly from a lower latitude area to a higher latitude are, like the PANC. The MD-11 was way off the magenta line when I flew from Argentina to Australia. Your actual aircraft position is not off-course. However, the magenta line on your ND is deviated. So, just ignore it and continue flying.

Zicheng Cai

Its happened to me a couple times before as well and the plane just stays parallel to the projected magenta line until the next turn.  No big deal like Zicheng said

Chris Sunseri

Flight1 Registry repair tool. Google it, Download it, Run it as administrator.

Also check the behaviour of the takeoff roll. Have a runway and SID departure set in the FMS. line up on Runway and takeoff. Does the Nav display look like you are pointed off to one side of the runway while you 'slide' down the centreline in a crab? 100% the Registry repair tool is required if this is the case.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

KilRoy, you are not alone, it happens to me only on P3D V3.2, on P3D V2.5 works fine, the reason I don´t know, I have tried al posible fixes and no result, sometimes it goes deviated as far as 10nm from the route, but it always get me to my final destination.I compared the route with FsTramp, both with the latest AIRAC!

" it happens to me only on P3D V3.2, on P3D V2.5 works fine"

As the AC is not licensed for use in P3D at all, I'm guessing you won't find much moral or material support here....

Hans Soule

As the AC is not licensed for use in P3D at all, I'm guessing you won't find much moral or material support here....
I think you have nailed that one on the head. The MD-11 should not be operated in P3D. Whatever device was used to get it into P3D will probably turn his registry into dirt.

If there is a navigational misalignment with PMDG's MD11, there are basically two possibilities:

1. The registry path to the sim is not correct. A correct path is required to find the macdec.bgl (magnetic variation). This can be fixed by the flight1 repair tool.

2. you use the MD11 not in FSX. The PMDG MD11.DLL checks the major version number of the *.exe. If it is not "10" (fsx.exe) but e.g. "3" (prepar3d.exe), you will also get a misalignment.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

On 6/16/2016 at 3:58 AM, Cargostorm said:

2. you use the MD11 not in FSX. The PMDG MD11.DLL checks the major version number of the *.exe. If it is not "10" (fsx.exe) but e.g. "3" (prepar3d.exe), you will also get a misalignment.

What if it's in FSX:SE ? Same problem?

Rafael Henrique Carelli

On 2/8/2021 at 8:15 AM, zazaboeing said:

What if it's in FSX:SE ? Same problem?

I strongly assume so, given the fact that FSX:SE uses a similar file structure. I did only use FSX and P3DV3 for the MD11. It is also important that you have the current magdec.bgl in the  \scenery\BASE\Scenery\ subfolder of the FSX installation otherwise there will also be a misalignment.

The magdec.bgl can be found here: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR