Sign in to follow this  
Nikdunaev

Some problems with the TinMouse II 737 v1.40

Hello, Gentlemen!

I like the original 737-s in reality, IMHO it is one of the great birds of the late 1960-es, along with DC-9, Tu-154, Il-62, 747 and others. I always wanted to fly it in FS, and one day, I realized, that there is such a good, highly detailed model of this plane.

So, I have installed the Tinmouse II 737, and I loved this model.

But I have some problems with it. It would be really nice, to solve them and fly the plane with only pleasant remarks.

First of all, the stabilizer trim is VERY fast. I think my passngers are flying up and down around the cabin with their seatbelts still fastened :) Really, a single, hardly-felt 0.1-second click already shifts the trim a few units. I just keep trying to fly as soft and carefully, as I can, and still imagine myself in these possible g-loads.

Also there is an issue with the CWS. (I think it is one of the direct consequences of the trimming problem) It is too agressive. I have to stop the rotation at the point, where I want it to stop, applying sufficient counter-pressure to the yoke, if I just release it the plane will continue to rotate rapidly for a few more seconds.

One time, I was lucky (I have no idea of how did I get this) to have the normal-speed trim, just for a traffic pattern, and then a short trial flight to another local airport. I was surprised about how smooth can this aircraft really be, both in CWS and with hands.

Is there any way to keep it this slow, exept the registered FSUIPC settings?

I am using a wide panel, introduced in version 1.40, and many lamps and lights there are misplaced. I've seen a topic with the corrected locations for the speedbrake and marker lights, but they are placed completely incorrectly, while there are many other lights (I can say most of them, on the front panel), that are shifted slightly over their bitmaps, making the text hardly readable. Are there any corrected panel config sections? I am not good at all in panel building, so I would not like the idea to find and fix them myself, if there are any ready solutions availible.

The red gear lights are illuminated all the time, while the gear are up. It is not normal, is that?

What can I do with this? I don't want to go to the old 4:3 panel :(

P.S Are the incompleted points of the 1.32 wish-list still topical? Are there any plans for a new visual model in some version, or some fixes to the current one, if its source materials are still avalible? It would be nice, for example, to have an ability to open the doors and hatches on the starboard side, and control the aft door independently from the stairs, and the flat flight-attendants near the exits sometimes look annoying, also it would be nice to have an ability to remove them.

P.P.S Sorry, I can't upload the file here (don't know why, it just fails), I am talkng about this photo: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Boeing_737-2V6_Advanced_Cockpit_Dubai_Air_Show_Ryabtsev.jpg?uselang=ru

Who knows, what is the CDU in the top-left corner of the pedestal for? Is it an INS? Or some other type of long-range navigation?

And what is located to the left of it, on the captain's panel?

Thank You for your assistance, everyone!

Sorry for my English,

Best regards

The trim problem is the well-known MSFS control acceleration problem...the only fix I know about is to use registered FSUIPC and enable the "fix control acceleration" option.

The red gear lights are related to how you have your throttle axes assigned. See this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/333436-gear-lights/

If you are seeing bitmaps out of alignment, it sounds like you are configured for the wrong widescreen aspect ratio--in the official release versions there are configs and background bitmaps supplied for both 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen formats, and they are NOT interchangeable.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hello

So, as I can see, the only one way to fix the trim, is to buy a registered FSUIPC, isn't that true?

About the throttles, is that normal, that with №2 thrust lever in idle and gear up, I am just having the warning lights, no horn, including the takeoff, that means flaps not up? What is the actual trigger condition for the config warning horn, then?

I am trying to get the horn in my sim right now (with slow trim again, this seems to be random :) ), so, I hear it with BOTH throttles in idle AND flaps not up, is that correct? What is this protection for? I can only think, that one throttle idle and the other one not can mean an engine failure, so, no horn...

Why do I get a warning in any form, with my throttles in idle, and gear not down? Then, what's the descent procedure, expected by the plane, for example? The crew may just consider these lights normal, and ignore them, while they could mean a real position disagreement...

In FS, I have my joystick set to 'All throttles' command, not only the first one, is that the case in the topic on the link?

The TinMouse always tried to reduce the software and hardware requirements for the plane to work good, an this FSUIPC-requiring throttle system was introduced in 1.40 gauge. I was flying a 1.32 a few days, before installing the update, I didn't notice such thing there. What was it implemented for?

I have a screen resolution of 1920x1080, and I am using a 16:9 panel, is that correct?

Actualy, the lights are not aligned wih the bitmaps vertically (all shifted a little bit down, looks, like the light is moving towards you, when it is illuminated), so as I can think, it is not a problem of the screen width. (I didn't get it on 4:3 panel which looks VERY stratched on my screen)

And another one question. I have lovely 737 flap hydraulic sounds in a few files. Can I make them work with the TinMouse?

Thank You!

So, as I can see, the only one way to fix the trim, is to buy a registered FSUIPC, isn't that true?

Yes

About the throttles, is that normal, that with №2 thrust lever in idle and gear up, I am just having the warning lights, no horn, including the takeoff, that means flaps not up? What is the actual trigger condition for the config warning horn, then?

In the -200, pulling either throttle lever back below the PLA warning threshold with the gear up causes the gear warning lights, no horn.

I am trying to get the horn in my sim right now (with slow trim again, this seems to be random :) ), so, I hear it with BOTH throttles in idle AND flaps not up, is that correct? What is this protection for? I can only think, that one throttle idle and the other one not can mean an engine failure, so, no horn...

The trim acceleration problem occurs when a flurry of key commands are sent by the panel code...MSFS interprets a fast sequence of key commands, even different ones, as a single key held down, and then accelerates the rate at which commands are repeated with key repeat for a time. The panel regularly issues a stream of commands to MSFS...whether or not you see the acceleration is a chance matter of timing--if the trim is engaged in close temporal proximity to enough other key commands, the acceleration is triggered. The FSUIPC fix will stop this misbehavior.

There is a gear warning mode associated with configuration (flaps > 15 with gear not down/locked) and also a GPWS-based warning based on radar altitude and configuration.

Why do I get a warning in any form, with my throttles in idle, and gear not down? Then, what's the descent procedure, expected by the plane, for example? The crew may just consider these lights normal, and ignore them, while they could mean a real position disagreement...

You'd have to ask the Boeing engineers why they did it that way on the real jet.

In FS, I have my joystick set to 'All throttles' command, not only the first one, is that the case in the topic on the link?

The persistent red gear lights on the panel are generally caused by a throttle config where the #2 throttle axis is not explicitly set, either directly by a hardware axis, or via mapping from a single throttle axis in FSUIPC.

The TinMouse always tried to reduce the software and hardware requirements for the plane to work good, an this FSUIPC-requiring throttle system was introduced in 1.40 gauge. I was flying a 1.32 a few days, before installing the update, I didn't notice such thing there. What was it implemented for?

Many of the advanced features of the panel rely on capabilities in the registered versions of FSUIPC to get past limitations in MSFS--for example, preventing control movement if joystick is moved when there is no hydraulic pressure, correct auto-braking logic, among many others. My objective with the TM II was to produce the most accurate systems behavior possible within the constraints of my programming ability and the time available.

I have a screen resolution of 1920x1080, and I am using a 16:9 panel, is that correct?

Actualy, the lights are not aligned wih the bitmaps vertically (all shifted a little bit down, looks, like the light is moving towards you, when it is illuminated), so as I can think, it is not a problem of the screen width. (I didn't get it on 4:3 panel which looks VERY stratched on my screen)

The only explanation I can think of is perhaps you might have a fixed menu bar (like the taskbar?) across the screen changing the vertical height of the screen in Windows. Make sure the Windows taskbar is set to auto-hide in the properties drop-down. Are you using the bitmaps from the AVSIM download, or one of the modded ones from a third party?

And another one question. I have lovely 737 flap hydraulic sounds in a few files. Can I make them work with the TinMouse?

No--the sound files are encapsulated in an XACT database internally, which was required as part of changing the sound engine to make the panel compatible with FSX.

Regards

• Upvote 1

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thank You very much!

Do you remember, if we do get the same gear warning lights in the later versions of the 737? I think, I just didn't try it at all...

Sorry, what is the PLA warning treshold?

Yes, I am running the FS windowed with the taskbar in the bottom.

But this never caused any problems. Many addons don't feature a widescreen panel, so, usually I don't even notice if the wide panel is still slightly strethed. Maybe, it is actually normal, and they are just placed not so precisely, as they are in the normal panel... I think, that moving them all a few pixels upwards in the panel config will solve the problem completely. Will the VERTICAL dimensions from the narrow panel work well?

And one more question, I am arguing with my russian friends about it.

Did the 737 ever have any indication of the great circle line heading in the cockpit, or any system or device of some sort to calculate it, keep it, and provide it to the crew and systems, that require it? And did such device have any controls for aligning or correcting it?

All these are present on most russian planes, but I have never seen anything like this in any types of non-russian planes, and the HSI-s in their cockpits seems to indicate simple current magnetic heading (of course stabilized, corrected, etc, I am not talking about this) in all cases...

And as far, as I know, the only way to follow a great circle line, before the introduction of the GPS and FMS, was to use a course-independant INS, or to track a VOR-radial, is that correct?

Do you remember, if we do get the same gear warning lights in the later versions of the 737? I think, I just didn't try it at all...

No, the gear warning in the -300 and later is different.

Sorry, what is the PLA warning treshold?

PLA=power lever angle...a microswitch in the throttle levers.

Yes, I am running the FS windowed with the taskbar in the bottom.

OK, this is what's causing the misalignment in the bitmaps I think. Setting "auto-hide" in the taskbar properties will solve this (and give you back some screen real estate)

Did the 737 ever have any indication of the great circle line heading in the cockpit, or any system or device of some sort to calculate it, keep it, and provide it to the crew and systems, that require it? And did such device have any controls for aligning or correcting it?

Some versions, particularly those flown by some Canadian carriers serving their Northern Territory do have what we call "grid navigation mode", which is similar to the great-circle navigation you describe.

Cheers

Hello

Can I install the autopilot on the other planes?

No, the AP logic in the 'mouse is interconnected to the rest of the internal systems simulation (electrical busses, hydraulics etc).

Regards

Is there a correction for the three marker lights - they flash fine, but through the panel gauges in the wrong place (as mentioned by the O/P), nowhere near the three lights themselves?

I have the widescreen v1.4 and everything else seems OK as far as I can see.

Thanks,

Martin

Unslashed this in panel.cfg, now works. gauge02=B732ADV!systems, 1, 800, 1, 1           //invisible gauge

The panels are not developed anymore, so no stab trim override.

The SP77 won't work initially in the VC due to a bug. Workaround: Switch to the 2D panel, reload the aircraft, try the SP77. If it engages, switch back to the VC, if not, reload again.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days