Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

GOT IT!

€43,00 including shipping!!!!!! Will arrive in a couple of days :-)

Now it's really a RETURN to business ;-)

What I've been doing this weekend, apart from keep trying to master the DCS UH-1H, was trying to keep in touch with the latest news on X-Plane10's front, regarding both freeware scenery but also the best aircraft add-ons.

I will use exactly the same aircraft I already have, and wait for the updates to both Carenados - B58 and PA38.

Also been investing / investigating more with Plane Maker. As I wrote on another post, the great freeware T6 by JRollon is may focus of attention. I have changes a lot of things now, and keep experimenting.

Main aim? Well, enjoying the positive aspects of X-Plane10 (there are many, and I expect even more with the upcoming updates...), and trying to proof if, with precise editing, an aircraft can be made to "fly" in XP10 up to the standards of the best FSX add-ons and even, say, the p51d in DCS World. Editing a prop model similar in category to a p51d and being able to tune it for a performance as close as possible to, say, the best aspects of both A2A's p51d Civil and DCS's p51d would be a great achievement for me...

Then I will move to another class - gliders... I'll probably start with the default K21, and see what I can do to make it closer to the real thing ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Great news JC!

I'm looking forward to your findings and improvements in regards to modifications using Plane Maker. Your trying to master the Uhey while I'm trying to get the hang of the Mil Mi 2. It's quite tricky to fly but a lot of fun also.

I've watched the Mil Mi 2 videos, and it does look tricky ! Keep trying, you'll get the hang of it ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

addict :lol:   For HELP Call:  1-800-XP10-HELP  or in Europe 011-XP64-HE-LPME-10 :lol:  :P

addict :lol:   For HELP Call:  1-800-XP10-HELP  or in Europe 011-XP64-HE-LPME-10 :lol:  :P

I particularly liked the LPME :-)  Hehe ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I have made two folders of XP10 - one of which is for fixed wing aircraft and the other for helicopters. That way I can start with the yoke, rudder, and TrackIR set up for the first and substitute the joystick for the yoke in the second. Neither of the two default helicopters are really satisfactory to me. One doesn't have a 3D cockpit (thus making TrackIR useless) and the other is just too plain. I have been looking and the Eurocopter seems to be the most detailed although there is a Russian version on sale now for considerably less money (and I don't speak or read Russian). I am still looking at the Eurocopter for about $34 US. Has anyone had any experience with this version and does it work in 64 bit? (the site says it does)

Or, is there a good freeware that I could use and keep my $$$.

Thanks guys.

John

John Wingold

John, looking fwd for answers on exactly that same model I just felt tempted to buy at the .org... The Mi-2 is great too, but I'll buy the DCS Mi-8 when it gets released, so, no point in having two of the same kind ... The Eurocopter does look very good, and they say it's 64 bit compatible.

Main Simulation Rig:

I have made two folders of XP10 - one of which is for fixed wing aircraft and the other for helicopters. That way I can start with the yoke, rudder, and TrackIR set up for the first and substitute the joystick for the yoke in the second. Neither of the two default helicopters are really satisfactory to me. One doesn't have a 3D cockpit (thus making TrackIR useless) and the other is just too plain. I have been looking and the Eurocopter seems to be the most detailed although there is a Russian version on sale now for considerably less money (and I don't speak or read Russian). I am still looking at the Eurocopter for about $34 US. Has anyone had any experience with this version and does it work in 64 bit? (the site says it does)

Or, is there a good freeware that I could use and keep my $$$.

Thanks guys.

John

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=465

there is a Russian version on sale now for considerably less money (and I don't speak or read Russian)

Hi John,

The Russian one (Mi 2) comes with an English panel and an English manual. My first helicopter for X-Plane. For $12 dollars, I can't imagine a better value. This one is probably a sleeper for X-Plane, I'm glad I bought it and had money left over to get the Globemaster. :happy:

Thanks FIVE-BY-FIVE and airlinejets,

Two answers were great - although I am still confused - but not much.  The Mi 2 appeals to me only for the reduced cost, mainly because I am not pleased with the look of the panel (which I'm sure is an accurate representation).  I had watched the video on it and assumed that there was an English panel provided so really wasn't too worried about that or the 64 bit question.

Now FIVE-BY-FIVE, that is the video that sells me on the Euro-copter.  Yep, I think I will go for broke and settle on that one, especially since it seems to be 64 bit compatible.  

I really do appreciate your quick responses and comment/video on each.  

I guess this will help you too, jcomm and am glad to see you back in the community.  Your comments are always appreciated.

John

John Wingold

Thanks FIVE-BY-FIVE and airlinejets,

Two answers were great - although I am still confused - but not much.  The Mi 2 appeals to me only for the reduced cost, mainly because I am not pleased with the look of the panel (which I'm sure is an accurate representation).  I had watched the video on it and assumed that there was an English panel provided so really wasn't too worried about that or the 64 bit question.

Now FIVE-BY-FIVE, that is the video that sells me on the Euro-copter.  Yep, I think I will go for broke and settle on that one, especially since it seems to be 64 bit compatible.  

I really do appreciate your quick responses and comment/video on each.  

I guess this will help you too, jcomm and am glad to see you back in the community.  Your comments are always appreciated.

John

this is the best heli ever made for any civilian flight sim in history....the flight model and textures are amazing.  Plus you get to transport injured passengers to a hospital :lol:

This is going to be fun!

Well done John, have fun flying it. Do let us know how it goes and give us your impressions. :smile:

The sounds of the rotor chop are fantastic and I am hearing lots of skid scrape on the concrete (very realistic) while I try to perfect landing without that effect.  I won't miss that one after learning to land, but it is nice to know that it is accurately reflecting my incompetence!  :t4012:

John Wingold