Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Best default FSX scenery?

Grand Canyon looks pretty nice without any addons, and flying there from KLAS can be very nice. And the area between Seattle and Portland has been done quite nicely too, IIRC(I always fly around there with ORBX NA enabled, though).

Grand Canyon looks pretty nice without any addons, and flying there from KLAS can be very nice. And the area between Seattle and Portland has been done quite nicely too, IIRC(I always fly around there with ORBX NA enabled, though).

Thanks for your suggestion. I haven't really checked out the Grand Canyon in FSX, only in FS2004. I guess it looks much better in FSX.

Thanks for your suggestion. I haven't really checked out the Grand Canyon in FSX, only in FS2004. I guess it looks much better in FSX.

Do yourself a favour and try the Orbx demo of PNW... you'll never fly in default scenery again! B)

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Do yourself a favour and try the Orbx demo of PNW

+1

Also, forgot to say that before, you could take a look at BlueSkyScenery, it looks stunning, and it's free.

Do yourself a favour and try the Orbx demo of PNW... you'll never fly in default scenery again! B)

LOL! OK, I'll try it, but I really don't think my computer can handle it.

ChaoticBeauty, on 26 May 2013 - 7:53 PM, said:

What are some nice areas to fly in FSX with the default scenery? I run vanilla FSX, without any add-ons.

There are many nice sceneries in default FSX ! :rolleyes:

Some by memory:

The whole area around the Alps : LOWI, Innsbruck

LSZH, Zurich, LSgg,Geneva Lipb, Bolzano etc

Already mentionned, whole Norway : Bergen, Stavanger, Trondheim, Tromsoe and others...

Others: Rio de Janeiro SBRJ Santos Dumont

St MArteen, TNCM and all the surrounding islands

Hongkong, VHHH

The Area Portland-Seattle-Vancouver (and all the Western US)

whole British Columbia in Canada

whole Alaska

whole Japan

etc.............

Guy

There are many nice sceneries in default FSX ! :rolleyes:

Some by memory:

The whole area around the Alps : LOWI, Innsbruck

LSZH, Zurich, LSgg,Geneva Lipb, Bolzano etc

Already mentionned, whole Norway : Bergen, Stavanger, Trondheim, Tromsoe and others...

Others: Rio de Janeiro SBRJ Santos Dumont

St MArteen, TNCM and all the surrounding islands

Hongkong, VHHH

The Area Seattle-Vancouver (and all the Western US)

British Columbia in Canada

whole Alaska

etc.............

Guy

Wow! That's a nice list. Thank you!

Vanilla FSX doesn't tell if it's with Acceleration or not. But if you do have FSXA, then there are enhanced areas. Reno/Stead for the air races, for example. I like Edwards AFB in FSXA, as every so often I get some thing fast and go burn as much fuel as possible, in the shortest amount of time!

On a general note: FSX deluxe has a number of high-detailled cities and high-detailled airports. These are the first places I'd check (a.m. St. Maarten is one of them for sure).

LIMJ is a place I came to know from a similar thread.

Vanilla FSX doesn't tell if it's with Acceleration or not. But if you do have FSXA, then there are enhanced areas. Reno/Stead for the air races, for example. I like Edwards AFB in FSXA, as every so often I get some thing fast and go burn as much fuel as possible, in the shortest amount of time!

I don't have Acceleration installed. Somehow when I install it, all the AI sounds are bugged (they sound jittery), and it's annoying even from a distance.

On a general note: FSX deluxe has a number of high-detailled cities and high-detailled airports. These are the first places I'd check (a.m. St. Maarten is one of them for sure).

LIMJ is a place I came to know from a similar thread.

I've checked out the Deluxe high-detailed cities/airports, though I was wondering if there are some good rural areas in the default scenery too.

LOL! OK, I'll try it, but I really don't think my computer can handle it.

I ran the demo with an intel pentinum and a Carenado addon plane. I got around 8fps.  :lol: