Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 5/26/13 - Cape Newenham Cove

Today's AOTD is brought to you by our own Air1.  Steve sure can come up with these out of the way places for us to hunt.  I like the way he thinks. :biggrin:

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Don't think I've been here before. Thanks, Steve! :good:

Newenham_01_zpsc47199bb.jpg

A strange water formation. :lol:

Newenham_02_zpsc39031d7.jpg

Parked at the LRSS.

Newenham_03_zps07e66d70.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

Don't think I've been here before. Thanks, Steve! :good:

A strange water formation. :lol:

Newenham_02_zpsc39031d7.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

@Steve a.k.a. Air1...ditto!

@ everyone else

Kinda looks like a dead camel... :LMAO:

or.... a dead horse :t0152:    :LMAO:

It took me a long time to find this one because I thought I knew right where it was, wrong! All because I screwed up the latitude numbers in the submission. I put in latitude 59.656 instead of 58.656 and that apparently made all the difference, moved the marker to the other side of the bay. There is a little red brick building and some other interesting stuff down hill from the end of the runway toward the bay. I meant for the aerecache marker to be above the little building, oh well. I always double double check those numbers but I guess I can't see as well as I used to, darn bifocals. Just an example of what can go wrong.

Steve

Why is the aerocache star not showing up? I've been there within a range of two miles, there was no star. How close do we have to be to get it?

Why is the aerocache star not showing up? I've been there within a range of two miles, there was no star. How close do we have to be to get it?

Probably the 'no aerocache indicator' bug. Exit Flight and restart. You should see it this time.

Occasionally the indicator does not appear until you are really close, perhaps 0.5miles or much further, perhaps 5miles. I think those are configured to be that way.