Sign in to follow this  
crvm

WOW

The patch is great !!!!I had tried top end videocards hoping to get just what the patch delivered. But only the patch was needed. I returned the videocards because I was not getting what the patch gives. And then came the patch...Great patch. It dilevered what I was not getting. Thanks MSallen

Guest vuelo

I really can't believe that the patch would give you equal to better performance then a high end videocard..what system are you running.. i really doubt that the patch is that magical...AMD64 3200 - MSI K8N Neo Platinum NForce3 - ASUS RADEON 9800XT - SB AUDIGY 2 - 1GB CORSAIR XMS - XP PRO EXCL. SP2

>I really can't believe that the patch would give you equal to>better performance then a high end videocard..what system are>you running.. i really doubt that the patch is that>magical...I never said it replaced the high frame rates of these cards Im saying that for "what I was looking for" it did the repair the problem enough, whereas not the high end cards "pre-patch" with which I had tried to alieviate the problems I had at that time.I prefer 14 fps with smooth autogen loadings and reduced stutters to a stuttering 55 fps. But of course both is better. Much better. I just say the patch works for me.allen

Guest Dakota

I feel the same way. I was thinking about upgrading to a new video card, but with Autostart and the patch, I feel I can wait another year or so when I plan to buy a new system and replace this lowly one I have. I can now use that money for more add-ons. Thanks Microsoft!

>... I can now use that money for>more add-ons. Thanks Microsoft!ExactlyUnless you have been accustomed to the higher frame rates, it now is flyable with the patch at the lowly rates of 12 to 30 fps.allen

Guest vuelo

Cool allrighty i get it.. :) good to hear the patch works out positive for youAMD64 3200 - MSI K8N Neo Platinum NForce3 - ASUS RADEON 9800XT - SB AUDIGY 2 - 1GB CORSAIR XMS - XP PRO EXCL. SP2

Well FYI a new video card does not even make much a difference for flight simulator anyways, a fast CPU and loads of ram will do much more than the best video card could hope for. Of course this is the other way around for FPS games...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/Animation1.gifCaution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | NEC LCD 1980SXi 19" | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro |