Sign in to follow this  
Revd

VoxATC and big FPS drop with 737NGX

It seems from reading the posts that most people don't have a problem combining the PMDG 737 with Vox. Unfortunately I do and I was just wondering whether anyone can shed light on this. I start off ok but pretty soon find my FPS down to around 10-14, whereas as without Vox it is around 30. I have error messages telling me to reduce traffic and I do but the result is the same. I read that someone found the lights showing the route to the runway can be a problem. Does anyone else have this problem, and can you tell me what you did about it?

Thanks

NeilG

I am running fsx on a quad core processor and had low frame rates. I tried running FSPS multicore extreme, which enables you to run fsx on core 2 3 and 4 and all other programs on core 1.

I still was not happy sometimes with my framerates and went to venetubo and send them my FSX Config file and downloaded an optimized version back from them. It's working great with a frame limiter program. Am getting 12-18 FPS at EHAM with everything going. I let VOXATC run on core 4(or 3 as they see it) the highest one anyway.

Venetubo is free, unless you are so happy with the result that you want to make a donation.

See what works best for you.

Good luck and happy flying.

I read that someone found the lights showing the route to the runway can be a problem.

Get rid of the green taxi line (framerate killer).

Robert

I noticed that voxatc causes my graphics to shudder. I have now discovered that it is my mic on the headset, affecting the graphics when I speak at airports atc. This is suprising that the headset mic would have such affect.