Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Disgusted with ORBX Forum

Trying to get into ORBX Forum is like trying to get  into Fort Knox. I'm sure the Administrator has his reasons which he feels is acceptable, but come on! I have at least thirty forums in my bookmarks and none of them come close.

Make it easy for people who haven't purchased the product so they can get their feet wet. AVSIM  was easy getting in and it's one of my favorites.

I bought three DVD'S with a support problem and have to stand on my head to get help. Thanks ORBX, I'll post my problem here where I can get the help that I need.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Trying to get into ORBX Forum is like trying to get  into Fort Knox.

LOL Very true. It's their rules, which sadly demonstrate their attitude. I much prefer to keep an eye on things here as it is indeed much simpler.

I have to very desperate to log into the ORBX forums, which in itself creates a problem because I can never remember my login details!! C'est la vie. 

In terms of quickly responding to a support request, I have found them to be quite quick and helpful. So my experience differs. It shouldn't be that hard to register and post on their forum - which a lot of people (hundreds? thousands?) seem to have accomplished easily.

I've never had an issue getting on to their forums.. I click on the link I have and it takes me in.. Or from their main website, I click on the "Click to visit FTX forums" button and again no problems..

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Jetsmell,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with their forum.  I have to agree with Fox-Bat and Dave_YVR.  I didn't have any problems registering on the forum, and, I found their support is very quick.  Don't give up...try 'em again.

Rod

Rod Beck

No problems here either.

Just register and enjoy communicating with the members. All good.

When/if you get in don't make any bad comments about their products or you will banned for life and cast out into the wilderness of the virtual void!!

Even constructive suggestions and comments or offers of help can be enough to get you vaporised!

Rich

When/if you get in don't make any bad comments about their products or you will banned for life and cast out into the wilderness of the virtual void!!

Even constructive suggestions and comments or offers of help can be enough to get you vaporised!

Rich

Would you mind quoting some examples here of your constructive suggestions that got you vaporised over there?   :P

Honestly, their 'verified ORBX customer validation procedure' is tedious - to say the least.

But right now I'm having two of their key developers assisting me in my support thread over there ... what else could I ever ask for?

Depends on how you communicate the issue.

I've had issues and they've been more than helpful.

Yeah I agree, they actively moderate their forums (not a fan either) - more than most people like (also true sometimes for Avsim), but in terms of support requests, I can only say they are very responsive.

But to be frank - words like disgusted,claims like being banned for constructive suggestions are in general not a true depiction of their forums, which I quite enjoy reading. I guess its easy to indulge in hyperbole over the internet.

Honestly, their 'verified ORBX customer validation procedure' is tedious - to say the least.

I guess it must have changed. I actually was a member of the forums before I bought anything from them which I discovered by googling FSX freeware which they had on their site. Registered like any other forum. When I had an actual support request many months after - they just asked me to put the order number in the signature to ensure no one was using pirated versions. Seemed pretty simple to me.

I was constructive towards Captain Sim and gave them reason to ban me from their official forum.

That's why I'm asking for quotes from the ORBX forum.

I guess it must have changed. I actually was a member of the forums before I bought anything from them which I discovered by googling FSX freeware which they had on their site. Registered like any other forum. When I had an actual support request many months after - they just asked me to put the order number in the signature to ensure no one was using pirated versions. Seemed pretty simple to me.

In the meantime they introduced some kind of signature (incl. order no.) validation thread. Complicated, but works.

After many failed attempts due to their confused signing up process, I finally managed to register and I'm quite sure I didn't follow steps properly. I told them off in my first post.

The moderator replied with a nice welcome and so I forgave them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I originally had trouble registering and  getting in to the correct area for support ,

However once successfully registered I have had 3 issuues with my England & Wales products and posted questions here,  Received  replies for two of them  within the hour and th ethird the next morning and  each time they solved my problems so can only rate their support as excellent.

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11