Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Disgusted with ORBX Forum

Makes you feel kinda silly spouting off in another forum now doesn't it? Another forum i visit doesn't allow this sort of thing since the "offending" site cannot defend itself ;)

I'm quite sure I didn't follow steps properly. I told them off in my first post.
The moderator replied with a nice welcome and so I forgave them.

I solved all problems with Orbx, I quit buying from them...  :Clown:

XP-10 will be my next simulator (and yes I have a lot of $$$ invested in FSX) as more and more sceneries are available for it, PMDG is the next big player to get on board,. yeah yeah I know stuff is missing from XP-10 BUT it as a lot that FSX does not have and what's missing it's coming.....stay tuned.

I can see all the usual suspects are back after lying low for a while. I guess everyone needs a hobby.

Since we are into linking now this is the other side of things - I discovered this thread while googling for reviews of NRM and CRM

- ORBX Northern Rocky Mountains negative review -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?51404-ORBX-Northern-Rocky-Mountains-negative-review-can-anyone-confirm-Or-deny

As the poster above me would say - 'this makes for a read'.

I think it says a lot that a number of people responded to the thread that contrary to the original post - Orbx support is good accompanied by the usual naysayers. As much as it makes me feel a little weird defending a commercial company whose moderating I don't like, it gets grating after a while when a couple of people for their own reasons have decided to discourage people from using a good decently priced product with good support. It's not honest.

I rarely go on there.

Same 8 or 9 people up each others backsides on the screenshot forum.

Certain members post pictures, which anyone can take and are nothing special at all, and the posts are met immediately by the same predictable comments about how fantastic the shots are and the best yet etc etc

They could post a pic of a xxxxx and they will all swoon over it. Its stopped me going on there.

They could post a pic of a xxxxx and they will all swoon over it. 

:lol: :lol:  :lol:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

They could post a pic of a xxxxx and they will all swoon over it. Its stopped me going on there.

Lol. THe only reason I go there mainly is to see the screenshots forum which is of a pretty good quality. If that is a xxxxx as you say - I wonder what you would say about the screenshot forum here (which I like too). Hyperbole but no basis - the curse of the internets.

I rarely go on there.

Same 8 or 9 people up each others backsides on the screenshot forum.

Certain members post pictures, which anyone can take and are nothing special at all, and the posts are met immediately by the same predictable comments about how fantastic the shots are and the best yet etc etc

Sounds like the cockpitbuilders forum. I was banned from there because I disagreed with another users opinion.

Said nothing offensive in the thread. He sends me a immature e-mail calling me an 'idiot'; I just ignore and contact one of the admins. Next thing I know I've earned a life-time banned, and I'm clueless why. :rolleyes: I guess I'll just stick with avsim and mycockpit where I know the admins are fair. 

As for the orbx forum -- the only thing I really ask for over there are screenshot requests; FTX Global looks like a breath of fresh air. I would even stay away from 'constructive criticism'. 

-- and another thing....I just hit my 1000 post, yah to me! 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Wow, that was a long diversion! I have just clicked on the link provided by Hendo in post #18, and it kept me occupied for at least three hours!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

LOL...me too...was late for work!!  :lol:  ..sorry boss..

A couple of interesting responses from ORBx guys in the other linked forum thread from post #19......

So thank you very much for your review and I would not call it negative at all to be honest, constructive criticism is probably the better phrase for it

We'll cop any criticism on the chin, no problems at all. After all, it's the feedback and exact reports such as these which make our product better.

Isn't "constructive criticism" the kind of thing that would be deleted over on the main ORBx forums? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Trying to get into ORBX Forum is like trying to get  into Fort Knox. I'm sure the Administrator has his reasons which he feels is acceptable, but come on! I have at least thirty forums in my bookmarks and none of them come close.

Make it easy for people who haven't purchased the product so they can get their feet wet. AVSIM  was easy getting in and it's one of my favorites.

I bought three DVD'S with a support problem and have to stand on my head to get help. Thanks ORBX, I'll post my problem here where I can get the help that I need.

Sorry to hear you are having problems using accessing the forum.  It is great to see that you started this thread AFTER you managed to complete the validation process and post a support thread at ORBX.

Unfortunately part of the support process requires that you add your purchase information to your signature, but as we have just discovered, due to a bug in the IPB forum software, a moderator having to  do this for you locks your account!  That issue has been taken up with the forum software developer's company.

I note from other threads that your method of installing the software was initially quite possibly non-standard, which is the most likely reason we are needing to unravel what's going on.

It's great to see the predictable quality advice from the 'usual' contributors on this thread. When you have satisfied yourself here, please feel free to bump your existing support topic in the official support topic and we can get back to the process of constructively trying to solve it.

Over and out.

Sorry to hear you are having problems using accessing the forum.  It is great to see that you started this thread AFTER you managed to complete the validation process and post a support thread at ORBX.

Unfortunately part of the support process requires that you add your purchase information to your signature, but as we have just discovered, due to a bug in the IPB forum software, a moderator having to  do this for you locks your account!  That issue has been taken up with the forum software developer's company.

I note from other threads that your method of installing the software was initially quite possibly non-standard, which is the most likely reason we are needing to unravel what's going on.

It's great to see the predictable quality advice from the 'usual' contributors on this thread. When you have satisfied yourself here, please feel free to bump your existing support topic in the official support topic and we can get back to the process of constructively trying to solve it.

Over and out.

Well said.

I can see over in the ORBX forums where he registered and the team began to offer assistance.

Good to see you jump in and offer the "other" side of the story.

A couple of interesting responses from ORBx guys in the other linked forum thread from post #19......

Never saw that thread. Do you think he still cops ANY criticism on the chin?