Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Disgusted with ORBX Forum

I don't see any posts from administrators calling someone out publicly and then suspending like you have done with Hendo.

I beleive that is a standard avsim routine when banning, the same happened to me when I got banned. And he is in the position to view it, just not in the position to respond :rolleyes: He can read it while he's in the think tank and reflect on what happend  and prepar himself for comeback to Avsim. Also having this post to him publicly is good so others can see what happend and why Avsim made this decision...

I beleive that is a standard avsim routine when banning, the same happened to me when I got banned. And he is in the position to view it, just not in the position to respond :rolleyes: He can read it while he's in the think tank and reflect on what happend  and prepar himself for comeback to Avsim. Also having this post to him publicly is good so others can see what happend and why Avsim made this decision...

I am familiar with the IPB forums, when one is banned they can not view any other page other than the one that is informing them that they have had their account suspended nor can they sign out and view the forums as a guest.

Whether it's AVSIM routine or not, I just find it interesting that an admin addresses a post to someone that has been banned, knowing banned users can not view.

I do not believe there is a need to reflect nor prepare for, I believe this has all been an overkill.  

~Rowan

You address your post to Hendo, yet he is in no position to view it and you have posted it on a public forum for all to read. Why is this just not an email to Hendo?  

This seems to be going down the same path as Srdan Word Not Allowed when he was banned and everything publicly posted.   

Also, why delete his post if it contains foul language, yet you take an image of it and re-post for all to see? 

Have you searched your forums for how many times "bad language" has been used?  I don't see any posts from administrators calling someone out publicly and then suspending like you have done with Hendo.

34glwk6.jpg

It seems a LOT of assumptions are being made from very little information, all I get from reading his post is that he is agreeing/letting others know that there is pirating of Orbx software out there due to the fact that customers are not being treated fairly.  I definitely do not read this as a way of promoting or justifying piracy. 

I hope the senior members of the "undecided jury" took it upon themselves to discuss with Hendo what his intentions were, and could this have been a misinterpretation? 

~Rowan

I have to say I agree with your sentiments...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thank you for this thread!

I'm all for giving a second change and have now posted again on the Orbx/FTX forum.

I hope things turn out better this time. Fingers crossed!

when one is banned they can not view any other page other than the one that is informing them that they have had their account suspended nor can they sign out and view the forums as a guest.

You can view any topic as a guest.....as long as you don't log into a banned account...So he's not banned from reading.

that's what I thought  you could  still do

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I came to see if FTX Global was a topic of discussion on this forum and this is what I have to be subjected to?

Alain, my friend, you need to just let it go. You're too old and too smart for this. I don't want you to miss out on a great new add-on just because you're still angry at JV. Just forgive and forget it!

JV made a mistake. There also seemed to be a miscommunication. Clear it up and move on. I want the best for you!!!!!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

JV made a mistake

:O  Get outta here!

:lol:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

:O  Get outta here!

:lol:

You always make me laugh Ron...

I came to see if FTX Global was a topic of discussion on this forum and this is what I have to be subjected to?

Alain, my friend, you need to just let it go. You're too old and too smart for this. I don't want you to miss out on a great new add-on just because you're still angry at JV. Just forgive and forget it!

JV made a mistake. There also seemed to be a miscommunication. Clear it up and move on. I want the best for you!!!!!

Jose, I did let it go a long time ago, I made a choice and I'm very happy with it, angry....not at all but I needed to tell Ian that I did not ask for my account to be closed because of their hardware's forum deletion or other reasons as he may have been told but for the reason you read in my last post at Orbx. 

Now, about been smart I'm with you 100% ...been old....do I hear arm wrestling.... :drinks:

Jetsmell,

Did you ever get signed into ORBX and get your issues resolved? It seems like just about everyone forgot about you.

It seems that the decks have been cleared to allow you to get support, so thank you for being the spark that prompted a good exchange of ideas.

Kind regards,

Talking of getting issues solved:

(...)

But right now I'm having two of their key developers assisting me in my support thread over there ... what else could I ever ask for?

I had three different staff members taking care of me my issues in my support thread on the official ORBX forum. Staff #3 has just tipped the scales: My issues were solved in a professional, methodical, relaxed way - and they would not even ban me!!!   :P

Talking of getting issues solved:

I had three different staff members taking care of me my issues in my support thread on the official ORBX forum. Staff #3 has just tipped the scales: My issues were solved in a professional, methodical, relaxed way - and they would not even ban me!!!   :P

That is a wonderful way to close this thread, before claws come out and somebody can't resist and takes another swipe at someone else.

Service asked for, received and problem solved. A great ending to a long story!

Kind regards,