Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Disgusted with ORBX Forum

Certain members post pictures, which anyone can take and are nothing special at all, and the posts are met immediately by the same predictable comments about how fantastic the shots are and the best yet etc etc

They could post a pic of a xxxxx and they will all swoon over it. Its stopped me going on there.

Same thing happens over here with screenshots so it's not just a Orbx phenomen, and I can't say I blame people for trying to be nice. Who wanna be that guy who say your screenshots look crap and maybe hurt others feelings, and while being that guy you get flamed by all the nice guys just because you was a dickhead?

And about the Orbx policy whining, don't you guys ever get tired. Just dont buy their products and get over it, personally I have no problems with Orbx and is threated fair on their forums and get great support, been banned once but that I could only blame myself for...

I see no issue with OrbX requesting proof of purchase for support. If you haven't purchased anything, then you do not need support... it certainly isn't rocket science and is justifiable, particularly when you consider how much of their stuff is available on the pirating sites, don't you think? I would not call that jumping through hoops...

I am certainly no OrbX ######, I like what they do, I do not like their marketing methods as much, but it is my choice to buy or not.

There are too many agendas. Life is too short.

A

I have been online, in various ways, since before there was the Internet.

I think when the space aliens arrive, they will study episodes of "The Three Stooges" (American TV show from the Sixties) as the most accurate record of our collective social behavior. ;)

I was an early supporter of ORBX - back in the days when they were still releasing their Australia maps and only had a few airports released.

I read this and another thread about their forum, it was an eye opener.

I also run a website and I am a skin maker for FSX, forums (and clients) are not easy to manage and it requires a lot of skill to do it when you are a Developer and your forum members are your clients.

It is sad to see that ORBX failed so misarably in their PR - they have wonderfull products and display real passion in their careful attention to details, unfortunately marred by their lack of skills in deaing with their clients.

Same thing happens over here with screenshots so it's not just a Orbx phenomen, and I can't say I blame people for trying to be nice. Who wanna be that guy who say your screenshots look crap and maybe hurt others feelings, and while being that guy you get flamed by all the nice guys just because you was a dickhead?

And about the Orbx policy whining, don't you guys ever get tired. Just dont buy their products and get over it, personally I have no problems with Orbx and is threated fair on their forums and get great support, been banned once but that I could only blame myself for...

well  said

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Caution Folks,

Hendo,

Far too far over the edge. I am suspending your account until this matter is reviewed by the other members of the senior AVSIM team. This may be deemed to require your permanent banning from AVSIM. If this is considered actual promotion of Piracy, that will be the case.

attachicon.gifCapture.GIFCaution Folks,

Hendo,

Far too far over the edge. I am suspending your account until this matter is reviewed by the other members of the senior AVSIM team. This may be deemed to require your permanent banning from AVSIM. If this is considered actual promotion of Piracy, that will be the case.

Stephen,

I reported Hendo's post (and I voted Tom Allensworth '6th toughest man of the world' just recently!), but I regard this post as a "mistake made in the heat of the moment". That heat has already affected me, too, here on AVSIM, on at least one occasion.

(Just saying ...)

I didn't say the man stole the money

I'd say it was the butler. It usually is. What did he do? Run off with the xmas club money again? Tea-leaf!

I'd say it was the butler. It usually is. What did he do? Run off with the xmas club money again? Tea-leaf!

:biggrin:

I agree with Kaboki, too much whinging and whining. OK, we know the Orbx staff can sometimes be dickheads and so can the man himself, but hey, can't we all at some time or another. I have certainly been a dickhead on some occasions but it's often been because of some personal matter. The same is certainly true for a certain person so maybe we should just all remember that before firing the bullets too often. At the end of the day, Orbx is a well run business that produces a first class product and their product support, certainly from my experience, has been some of the best I have received on any of the forums. I certainly agree that some of the forum policies and eagerness to ban peolpe maybe a bit too OTT, but hey, if you don't like the policies or how they do things then leave, don't buy their products, don't visit the forum, don't read their reviews, have a quick moan to a virtual buddy and then forget it.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The irony is it's the behavior of Orbx's staff, and not any negative comments about their products, either within their own forums or here, that dissuades me from ever purchasing one of their add-ons. I generally discount negative comments about a product as either operator error, or a troll with an agenda, unless there are numerous people substantiating the issue. But when I read numerous accounts of Orbx's developers behaving like petulant children, and then observe it for myself, right here, it removes all doubt - I don't care how excellent a product is, and by almost all accounts, Orbx's products are excellent, I'm not going to put money in the pockets of people who act like condescending ######s. Do they care? Of course not, but it's just an observation.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I am suspending your account until this matter is reviewed by the other members of the senior AVSIM team

Hendo,

You are the beneficiary of an undecided jury, so to speak. Most of us see your copy of the pirate site as pure frustration that comes from exasperation over injustice. One senior member said that you were perhaps actually trying to prevent piracy from happening by warning them that their actions are contributing to it. I don't buy it, but as a result you are not banned permanently for promoting piracy.

However, being royally frustrated is not a license to make what amounts to justification for piracy. There is no justification for piracy and ORBX does not deserve to have their software stolen, nor is it their fault. It is just as wrong to steal from someone who you think mistreats you as it is a little ole lady from Pasadena. Therefore you will be suspended 30 days for suggesting otherwise.

The use of bad language is strictly against our ToS. I know you believe you have been really hurt, but I know the pain is felt on both sides. We have been down this road a few times already. You can fly off the handle and say things that hurt too. I can vouch for that. Slapping you around is not going to help fix that, but swearing is not allowed. - 14 days suspension.

Therefore you will have 45 days to cool down a bit, get outside and go skiing, throwing snowballs, chasing kangaroos, or whatever else you guys do down there when not getting into fights.

Kind regards,

Stephen,

I reported Hendo's post (and I voted Tom Allensworth '6th toughest man of the world' just recently!), but I regard this post as a "mistake made in the heat of the moment". That heat has already affected me, too, here on AVSIM, on at least one occasion.

(Just saying ...)

Well said Oliver, but a lot of bad things happen when people go with their temper in the heat of the moment.

We will no doubt be blasted to Adelaide and back for not skinning, boiling, hanging and shooting him, but I can live with that. What I find a bit harder to swallow is the trauma over what started out years ago as a misunderstanding between a kid and a company becoming a life event for him.

At one level I cannot fault the adults involved because, just like he did here in the above post, he seems to make matters worse at every opportunity. But all things considered, they need to cut him some slack and help him out of this emotional ditch. I am sure glad I was lifted out and not buried in the hole I dug for myself at his age.

Just saying...

Kind regards,