Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Someome must be working on PDX and SEA?

Surely there is a large market for addon scenery for the 2 biggest PNW airports, KSEA and KPDX. Surely someone is working on these airports?? Flytampa? FSDreamteam? Orbx? Someone??

No. Nobody is. I wish someone was as I would rather do KATL-PDX/SEA than to California.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Ya it truly is too bad nobody wants to tackle them. I really dont have anything to fly to out that way other than YVR in the NG.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'd like to see a good DFW, IAH, etc. 

FS Dreamteam has done DFW.

One plus for SEA is that it's the most detailed default airport in FS, as far as I know.

I heard a rumor that George @flytampa was looking at it.(KSEA)  Check the FT forum

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I believe he decided against it eventually, Reason was, no matter what he tried the KSEA area was a frame killer.

Re: KSEA V2?

icon_post_target_unread.gifby george[flytampa] » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 pm

A little hard on the poor guy as usual guys.

We have looked at Seattle several times in the last two years. You really wanna know why we don't update or re-make SEA?

That area just plain sucks in FSX. Even with the just default scenery theres very little overhead for more scenery. Now with that popular PWN scenery, its even slower. Add Fly Tampa Seattle to that, it'll be frame rate misery . I know some of you don't care about frame rates as long as your PMDG computers simulate the Air Con packs correctly, but I like to see something pretty outside the windows moving by at 30+ FPS.

We may look at it again in the future as CPUs get faster. & no, a FS9 only version or update isn't planned. All our scenery is now primarily developed for FSX or not at all.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I heard a rumor that George @flytampa was looking at it.(KSEA)  Check the FT forum

Not anymore...and for reasons that I completely agree with.  The Seattle area is already a resource hog.  Put ORBX, REX, the NGX, and some 4096 textures in there, and you'll be lucky to not get an OOM with DX9...not to mention single digit fps.  Now put a highly accurate payware scenery on top of all of that, and you won't be able to land without an OOM.  Just look at all the issues people were having with FSDT's CYVR.  It would only be exasperated in Seattle.  PDX wouldn't be much better.

Here is the FT thread: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6063

Not anymore...and for reasons that I completely agree with.  The Seattle area is already a resource hog.  Put ORBX, REX, the NGX, and some 4096 textures in there, and you'll be lucky to not get an OOM with DX9...not to mention single digit fps.  Now put a highly accurate payware scenery on top of all of that, and you won't be able to land without an OOM.  Just look at all the issues people were having with FSDT's CYVR.  It would only be exasperated in Seattle.  PDX wouldn't be much better.

Here is the FT thread: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6063

I have to agree as well. Not much good if you OOM on approach. Such a heavy area, just as default.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well then maybe FSDT should do SEA, since they have figured out how to adjust their texture popup distance, and if you are near SEA you don't get the sim drawing textures for YVR. That would work great for not having framerate problems. Too bad we will have to wait until next year though? Oh well. How about PDX?? Someone?

It's a shame that no one has decided to work on these two airports. For now I'll settle for this:

FZ02 KPDX

tWbDG.jpg

FlyTampa KSEA

E7ZWx.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

PDX using FSX - DX10 mode, done about three months ago.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.