Sign in to follow this  

NO, I already know how to program these things...been there, done that, got the T-shirt. But last night the right toe brake stopped functioning, completely. All of my controls go through FSUIPC, so I went there immediately to see if I could fix it. I am getting NO output from the right brake. Went to the FSX controls - same there, nothing. And so I figure the right brake control is broken.

Is there anyone out there who has repaired something like this? I have no problems taking the thing apart and fixing it, but I want to know if: 1) it's possible to fix it myself, and 2) if so, how. Anyone know what's inside one of these things?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

I'm sorry...it's just not a good morning here, but did you actually read what I posted, or was this some "auto-bot" thing? I have been using these things for a long time now. I know how to program them, and I know how to use FSX control set-up, Saitek's Profile Editor and FSUIPC. I had absolutely NO problems with my Saitek Pro Flight pedals - and I've been flying everything from the Cessna 172 to the A2A P-51 to the Coolsky MD-80 to the PMDG 737NGX.

Read again: the pedals AND brakes were working fine, until last night. When I taxiied out in the 737 to the runway and applied the toe brakes, and then released them, the differential braking message did NOT go away. I went into FSUIPC first to try and correct the problem, and noticed that there was no input when I pushed on the right toe (the left one worked fine). Nothing else worked , neither the FSX controls settings nor the Saitek Profile Editor. IOW, the right toe brake output no longer exists. Understand?

I was, and am still, asking if anyone out there has ever REPAIRED one of these units, and if so, how. It cost ~$120 at least to replace these things, and for that kind of money, I'll just use the + & - keys to do the brakes, unless I can tear these things apart and fix them myself.

And so, again - is there anyone in this forum who knows what I'm talking about and can steer me in the right direction. Sorry for the "attitude", but it's one of those mornings, if you know what I mean. I'm still working on the first cup of joe. :(

-= Gary Barth =-

Gary,

Been where you are.  Let's find out if this is a hardware problem.

1. Try the easy fix route first.

A. Turn off computer.

B. Unplug Rudder Pedals.

C. Boot up computer.

D. After the boot is complete, plug in the rudder pedals, preferably to a different USB port.

Do the drivers load? If so,

E. Start FSX.

Do the brakes work?

IF THAT DOESN'T WORK

2. Are the rudder pedals plugged into the computer, or the Yoke?  If the Yoke, plug them into the computer and try again.

IF THAT DOESN'T WORK

3. How long have you had the rudder pedals? Anything ever spill on them, or anything happen?  Check the cable and plug to ensure they aren't damaged.

IF THAT DOESN'T WORK

4. Remove and reinstall the Saitek Drivers.

IF THAT DOESN'T WORK

3. Go to the joystick calibration and check to see if the pedals / brakes are being read (sending out a signal of movement).

If that doesn't work, your brake hardware may have gone bad.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Shut down, unplugged the pedals, booted up, plugged in the pedals. Went to the FSX calibration - FSX is seeing both brakes. Re-installed Saitek pedal software - their software is also seeing both brakes. However, FSX is not. FSUIPC is not. I was now suspecting FSUIPC. When I go to the Joystick set-up, screen #2 (Prop, mixture, brakes), the left brake worked, the right brake was dead.

Then I had a light-bulb moment, and went back to the FSUIPC Axis Assignment, and stepped on the right brake. Although the numbers changed (FSUIPC saw it), it wasn't assigned anymore to the right brake. So I clicked on Send directly to FSUIPC Calibration, reassigned it to the right brake, went back to the Joystick set-up and the right brake was there!

All fixed - seems that FSUIPC glitched on me and just deleted the right brake. Thanks for the help, and I'm back in the air again!

-= Gary Barth =-

Nice!  I'm very happy you got it fixed... nice job.

I'm sending you a PM.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.