Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Corrupt scenery around plane

I think Microsoft refutes your assumption.

Yeah, 'cause the SDK is never wrong.

Truth is if those numbers were required to be the same there would be no need to have both of them.

Yes, they will be the same if, and this is a big if, all you ever do is add scenery areas without ever deleting any or changing any priority in the Scenery Library.

If you simply add areas and always leave them at the top of the Scenery Library, those 2 entries will be equal.

Once you delete an area or change the priority of an area in the Scenery Library they will no longer be equal.

Again, if you have 2 entries that always have to be the same, why have 2?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Yeah, 'cause the SDK is never wrong.

It doesn't say they have to be the same.  It's just "typical" they are the same.  When you got your brand new FSX installed, the scenery.cfg has the area/layers the same for all default scenery.  It's not going to mess things up if they are not the same as we have all proven that.  I'm just saying I try to keep mine the same as much as possible.  I think we are all right in what we are saying.  I made the lousy mistake of calling the OP's scenery.cfg "corrupt".  That's what I call things when they are not as neat as mine.  As I stated in my post - "I doubt it will fix this problem" - I was meaning that it is okay to have different areas/layers numbers. 

I really apologize for the confusion I have caused.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I hope you were able to read Post #12.  I think Microsoft refutes your assumption.

Do you read what others write, before you write?

Microsoft agrees with me, because I wrote above the same things, just with different words.

Do you read what others write, before you write?

Microsoft agrees with me, because I wrote above the same things, just with different words.

Okay, cool... I apologize since you appear to be very upset.  I didn't mean to do that.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think while it's not necessary to have matching Areas/Layers in the Scenery.cfg, Jim's advise about Scenery Config Editor 1.1 being helpful is spot on. Since I have many different Scenery.cfg files that I use for my work, I see a lot of issues that come up with FSX that never seemed to appear with FS9. Missing Area and Layers, gaps between the numbering of each. So having a tool that can scan and correct these problems is a good thing.

Then there are the many FSX.cfg files that I have for working on things... At times, it's hard to keep all the files synch'ed up!