Sign in to follow this  
SpaceNova

FMC strange SID at EKBI

Hello fellow Captains!  B)
I have a small problem with the FMC in the NGX
When I select a SID departing from runway 27 at EKBI (Billund Airport, Denmark), it's like the FMC thinks the runway heading is different. A bit hard to describe so I took a screenshot:PMDGEKBISIDRNW27Fejl_zpsfc767f73.png

It's like this with almost all the SID's from runway 27...

Here is the correct procedures:

http://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dsweb/Get/Document-1503/EK_AD_2_EKBI_SID_RNAV_27_1_en.pdf

Do you guys have any idea how the correct this??

Thanks  :smile:

Which SID is it that you're having this issue with? I've tried all the SIDs out of runway 27 and I couldn't replicate your problem :/ , I'm on the latest AIRAC cycle (1305) and so that may be why I can't reproduce your problem. I apologise for not really being any help haha!

Do you guys have any idea how the correct this??

Yes, choose a non RNAV SID, tune navaids and fly by raw data.

I've had this problem at times and I fixed it by checking with the legs page for discontinuities and changed the waypoint manually.  You may have the departure for the runway which aslo has waypoints and the SID just extends the waypoints over again.  Check in your FMC for route discontinuities and waypoints.

Rob

Thanks for the reply  :smile:

I guessed that I could fix it by purchasing a new AIRAC cycle.

I found out that in the FMC EKBI doc in the SIDSTAR folder i can modify the specific SID, so i'll look into that later today :wink:

Cheers

You would do the PMDG Community a bigger favour if you reported this issue to your friendly NAVDATA Provider - they can then take the necessary steps to provide us all with a permanent fix.

Editing SIDSTAR files can unlock a very large can of worms.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I tried to modify the file, but with no luck...

I'm just gonna purchase the new AIRAC cycle when it's released  ^_^

Thanks for your answers 

Which Navdata Provider are you using? Navigraph or Aerosoft?

The FMS Coding contains several whichever is later conditions,  that could look odd on the ground.

As soon the aircraft is airborne, the SIDs from RWY 27 should be flown without any problem. 

Jan-Paul

The 800a rule will be causing a 360 deg loop probably, try clearing that rule or modifying that part in some way.

-Iain Watson-