Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

Wisecare365

Just found this program has any one use it,is it any good?????

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Just found this program has any one use it,is it any good?????

There are many programs such as this one out there.  I personally use Advanced System Care 6 by IObit - http://www.iobit.com/.  One of the neat things they have is an Uninstaller utility that is better than the one built into Windows as it not only uninstalls the program but looks for anything left over on the HDD and Registry and asks if you want to delete those items too.  It works well with FSX uninstalls!  All are freeware but you usually have to pay a small annual fee if you want advanced features.  Personally I think everyone should own one of these system repairing, cleaning, etc., programs.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've been using WiseCare for years (and 365 since it came out), it's difficult to tell if it's doing a great job but it always seems to pick up on lots of little bits and bobs to delete or tweak and it's never done anything that's harmed any of my systems.

May give the IOBit one a go though, never heard of that one...

Hope this helps,

Ian

Hate to disagree but I had subscription to iobit advanced system care and it hosed my operating system twice beware, I thought it was great to until it did this, you have been warned.

Rich Sennett

JV16 Power Tools from Macecraft.com is a worthy contender. But alas not free. Although you do get a 30 day free trial without any limitations. I have been using it since W95 days.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

FYI JVTOOLS has a free lite version, been using it for a long time for reg cleaner works great no problems with it so far.

Rich Sennett

Wisecare 365 added minutes to windows starting then called my pc a snail. It looks to have really good utilities but I can do without the gross amount of added time. (I boot from a ssd)

No go for me.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Hate to disagree but I had subscription to iobit advanced system care and it hosed my operating system twice beware, I thought it was great to until it did this, you have been warned.

Think anytime you run a registry cleaner you can have problems but I have been running Advanced System Care faithfully for the past 2 plus years and so far never a problem.  All it does is remove entries for files no longer on your system.  I don't see how it could possibly be responsible for hosing your system but understand your pain if it really did happen.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Its not the registry part its the windows automatic update portion of the program thats got serious issues Paul be careful with that part of the program after 2 operating systems destroyed I told them to stuff it cancel my subscription oh and they never got back to me about dropping the subscription not good business practices for all I know they are still charging me for it.

Rich Sennett

Its not the registry part its the windows automatic update portion of the program thats got serious issues

Please stop it!  There is nothing in this program that handles windows automatic updates.  If it does, can you look at the two screenies below and let me know which program handles windows automatic updates?  In addition, there is no subscription for this program.  You pay one small fee to use the program for one year.  It does not automatically charge an account for another year.  You can use the freeware version or go for the payware.

RYA2.jpg                9spvL.jpg

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Oh really Jim

Your license will expire on November 02, 2012 and has the "auto-renew" option enabled.
This means that Avangate will automatically renew the license for you with the new version of the product: Advanced SystemCare PRO v6.
You will receive a separate email with payment details for this recurrent billing.

i think I used the wrong terminology, it could be vulnerability fix or security defense not sure but one of these quick fixes hosed my computer 2 times and could not get back into my operating system 1st time ok maybe it was a fluke 2nd time same problem after new rebuild all set there is a problem somewhere in this program why would I buy it if I didn't think it was good until it let me down no more problems after uninstall, good luck with it Jim maybe you haven't hit the jackpot update are you using free version if you are the payware version does a lot more and this is the version I had bet that's it.

Now I remember its the security updates (They call it Security Defense as your screenshot shows)  that messed my computer up try that a few times the updates relate to microsoft security updates directly if I remember correctly, must be some problems between the two company's updates.

Regards

Rich Sennett

This means that Avangate will automatically renew the license for you with the new version of the product: Advanced SystemCare PRO v6.

I see what you did. You bought through a reseller - Avangate - http://www.avangate.com/shopper-support/who-is-avangate.php?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ShopperSupport&utm_nooverride=1&gclid=COm00K24xbcCFdKj4AodNHEAcw.  I bought mine directly from IObit and they do not automatically charge your credit card annually.  I avoid any company that does this.  It's convenient to them but definitely not convenient to the consumer.  Most require you to call them to cancel and then you go have to go through a sales pitch to try to make you renew.  OnStar does this on my Corvette and I think it is criminal extortion.

I have the payware version and have had absolutely no problems.  I don't turn on the security defense systems though.  Just what I have clicked in the screenies I posted above.  Sorry to hear you had problems with this product.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Great info Jim may have to look in to your method as I did like it, Corvette what year is it I have owned 9 of them thru the years currently have a 2007, new one coming out late fall looks pretty nice except for the eco engine, thanks for your explanation appreciate it.

Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Corvette what year is it I have owned 9 of them thru the years currently have a 2007

I have the 08 Crystal Red Coupe (LS3).  I was thinking of getting the 2014 Stingray but have decided to keep what I have. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Nice Jim sounds like a beauty, still thinking about what I am going to do, may wait a bit before getting stinray see what problems they may have, take care.

Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett