240GB should be fine, with room to grow. 120GB is too small in the long term.

I'm using 89GB for my P3D installation, on a 120GB SSD. OrbX stuff is installed on the SSD (haven't got much choice...), but some other add-on scenery is installed to a 1TB mechanical HDD instead. I expect to hit the 120GB ceiling pretty soon, as OrbX continue to release more stuff - haven't installed Scotland yet, and once NorCal comes out, there'll surely be a steady stream of new airports released at 1GB each. 240GB is a long way off, though. Maybe if you have hundreds of aircraft and every OrbX region and airport+a bunch of photo scenery on the SSD.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I have win 7 on a 128gb SSD, FSX and P3D on a 240gb SSD and a 2tb HDD for general stuff. Still plenty of room on the FSX SSD but the Win 7 one is nearly full. I should have got two 240 ones really. Booting up, installing, dragging stuff between drives etc is lightning fast. FSX boots up from cold into the NGX in about 10 seconds. Compared to the old days where everything was on one creaky hard drive and you'd go make a cup of tea while it was booting....

Given the price, i would get a 240-250GB SSD for FSX and keep the WD black for the OS.

Hi Adam, if you are going to split the OS and FSX onto two separate drives, which is always preferable, and you only have a single SSD, then as I understand things, the SSD should hold the OS, not the other way round. So, OS on SSD with FSX on HD. FWIW my systen consists of a 64Gb SSD with OS and a 256Gb SSD for FSX. I am currently at 238Gb full on the FSX SSD and am looking to replace the 256 with a 512Gb SSD. As for have you enough space, well that's a little like asking someone is this car big enough for me? Who knows...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Adam, if you are going to split the OS and FSX onto two separate drives, which is always preferable, and you only have a single SSD, then as I understand things, the SSD should hold the OS, not the other way round.

That is not a law of nature - but a performance choice...

I've got it the other way around, with good results.  FSX is mainly a "read" data application, not a lot of writing going on, so an SSD is great for that and is not going to get stressed by constant updates, like the OS volume will be..

Bert