Sign in to follow this  
Deltaguy

Anyone know of a good merge for Sky Spirit 767-400 and Level- D?

I have successfully merged the level D and the sky spirit 767-300 with no issues, however, the 764 has given me fits.  Anytime I set my trim, it will go into a nose dive or steep climb.  It seems it is either all or nothing with the trim settings.  I love the sky spirit 764!

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

Hi, Deltaguy,

I haven't done this particular merge, but here are some suggestions based on other merges.

If you are using the Skyspirit FDE (which would make sense, since the Level-D FDE is for a -300ER, with lower thrust, weight and smaller wingspan), try reducing the value of "elevator_trim_effectiveness=" in the Skyspirit aircraft.cfg file.  Be sure to back up this file first!  This should change both hand-flying and autopilot behavior.

If this problem happens only with the autopilot on, in addition to adjusting elevator_trim_effectiveness, you can try removing the [autopilot] section from the Skyspirit aircraft.cfg file and copying the same section from the Level-D aircraft.cfg file into the Skyspirit aircraft.cfg file.  Again, be sure to back up the Skyspirit file.

Another thing to try is to substitute the Level-D air file for the Skyspirit one, but I would try the above fixes first.

Hope this helps.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I have successfully merged the level D and the sky spirit 767-300 with no issues, however, the 764 has given me fits. Anytime I set my trim, it will go into a nose dive or steep climb. It seems it is either all or nothing with the trim settings. I love the sky spirit 764!

Hi, Deltaguy,

I looked a little further into the merge problem and it turns out I had a similar problem merging a Skyspirit 767-200 with the Level-D panel.  The following should fix the problem using the Skyspirit aircraft.cfg file:  First, leave the elevator_trim_effectiveness and autopilot alone.  Those don't fix the problem.  :rolleyes:   Second, change "elevator_trim_limit=" (under [airplane_geometry]) to 12.2 (mine was set to 16.0).  12.2 is the Level-D value.  This should fix the elevator trim problem. 

But there is also a VNAV problem.  To fix that, copy the Level-D air file, B767-300.air, from the Level-D folder, into your 764 folder.  In the Aircraft.cfg file, for each aircraft entry change "sim= xxx" to "sim=B767-300". 

That should do it!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Got it thanks.  It works perfectly!

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

Glad I could help.

When I loaded up the Skyspirit 764 (which I had previously aliased to the PSS 777 panel), and aliased it to the Level-D, the trim went crazy!  Full up with a small touch on the trim control and no way to get it down.  But I remembered I saw the same thing before, with aliasing the Skyspirit 762 (using the Skyspirit 762 FDE).  Fortunately I kept good notes on how to fix it. I wanted to be able to fly the "Spirit of Delta," N102DA, which I saw a year or so ago at the Delta museum in Atlanta.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Yes the "Spirit of Delta" is a beautiful bird.  I have been to that museum a few times.  Always a great time down in Delta HQ.

Does any one knows how to fix the lights?.... the strobes and beacon doesn't work... Everything else is just find.

Hi, Placeboworld,

I don't have the strobe working, but the beacon is OK.  What aircraft and what model file are you using?  What does the [lights] entry in the Aircraft.cfg file show?  Should be the Opensky or Skyspirit (depending on the model), not Level-D.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Placeboworld,

I don't have the strobe working, but the beacon is OK.  What aircraft and what model file are you using?  What does the [lights] entry in the Aircraft.cfg file show?  Should be the Opensky or Skyspirit (depending on the model), not Level-D.

Mike

I'm using the model of  SkySpirit2010 - Boeing 767-200 with the Level-D panel. I follow the merge instructions above and is working fine, just the details of the strobe and beacon.

I changed the [Lights] entry for the ones of Level-D but nothing happen... still having the same problem. So I put back the ones of the SkySpirit. I also tried changing the [Electric] entry, but still having no changes.