Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Upcoming PMDG 777

Just as a point-of-order, Prepar3D is strictly a DX9 application. They've refined it to work better and take more advantage of DX9's capabilities, but take note that P3D is decidedly not a DX10 app.

Didn't know that, just an assumption on my part due to the lack of flashing runways and the ability to have light bloom, which looks fantastic in P3D. Not my area of expertise, this is why I'm not a fan of tangent questions that stray from the original post, this discussion didn't begin with a comparison of the two sims. At any rate, P3D is simply a better flight simulator than FSX, in my "not so humble opinion".

James McLees

As far as the PMDG 777 is concerned, I'm not even entertaining that it would work with P3D. If it does, great, but in my own little mind I'm treating P3D as a great platform for my legacy flying needs

Pretty much my thoughts as well, if it doesn't work, it's not the end of the world and I'll still use P3D for flight training (Flight1 G1000 student simulator), VFR flying and some commercial flying simulation. I'll move to X-plane for the T7, which as I stated previously, I simply must have.

James McLees

To answer the OP's original question (or an attempt to), no there is no answer as to whether the 777 will work with P3D.  If PMDG is against it they may even put in some features to prevent it.

I'll wait about six months or so after the  777 is released anyway to get its reviews, let it go through a few cycles of bug fixes and the like.   I have the CS 777 in P3D working fine for me but I am not a person who likes fully blown systems.   So I am content for now.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'll wait about six months or so after the  777 is released anyway to get its reviews, let it go through a few cycles of bug fixes and the like.   I have the CS 777 in P3D working fine for me but I am not a person who likes fully blown systems.  

That is good advice. Just curious, can you compare the CS T7 to the iFly 737NG? It's fairly complex, but not PMDG.

James McLees

@t_bergman

I looked at your start-up airline and noticed that you'll be using the J41. Have you migrated the PMDG J41 to P3D? If so, how does it perform?

I have heard that it performs extremely well.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

"The reason I bought the iFly is that it is allowed on P3D"

But there is now a problem ... The iFly737NG for P3D (payware) is stick at version 3.1 (since Feb 2013 I believe).

Their versions 3.1.1 and 3.12 (with many fixes) has only been released for their FS9 and FSX iFly737NG's.

I think there is a misconception here. 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 are BETA updates. They are released to the users to use at their own risk and aren't official patches. Once every thing is all tightened up, I'm sure an official update will be released. For now, what is being sent out are just stable tests so that users can take advantage of those now.

The reason why Flight1Tech doesn't release these updates for the P3D version is because it's the commercial side of Flight1. Flight1Tech will not release betas to commercial customers due to a higher level of support required. This is also why the P3D support isn't handled on a forum. They follow their interpretation of the P3D EULA, and until that changes, this won't change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Well I guess we got our answer.

James McLees