Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

What are these areas of colour in the sea?

The colours seem to correspond with what I have chosen for inland (the brown) water and ocean (blue) textures in REX, but REX isn't creating the waterclass as far as I know, just providing bitmaps.

Ideas welcome: this looks very odd! I have never seen anything like it before - it's not like the squares/rectangles of landclass that you occasionally get in the sea. I guess the effect may be trying to replicate the river water flowing into the ocean, but that rectangle's not right!

The screenshot is about 15 miles due north of LFRD... has anybody else got something odd at these co-ordinates?

Thanks,

Martin

I do have that scenery (somewhat to my surprise - I had quite forgotten) and removing that WC file cures the problem. (How did you know? Presumably you have had the same issue in the past?).

Many thanks!

Martin

Do you have a scenery for LFRD (LFRD2004)?

If so try to disable the file StMalo-WC.bgl.

Tremendous observation and catch!  Great job of troubleshooting!

I do have that scenery (somewhat to my surprise - I had quite forgotten) and removing that WC file cures the problem. (How did you know? Presumably you have had the same issue in the past?).

Many thanks!

Martin

You're post triggered me to check that area. When I found similar problems as in your screenshot I immediately thought of Landclass or Waterclass trouble. So I have to thank you for bringing this up.