Sign in to follow this  
craigovlh

X-Plane FSX ?

Yeah I got all that however there is no aircraft to choose from in the aircraft menu..

Thats what my aircraft menu looks like, same with situation files..

If you move your cursor to the top of the screen, do you get the ribbon bar ??

You can select everything from there.

May get you going.

Trevor Golding

Thanks

Do you mean the menu bar while flying? Yeah that's how I got to that screen.

Or is there something else?

@LeeL: Welcome :-) !

It's my 2nd turn around X-Plane10 too... This time it'll certainly stay as a MUST HAVE sim, just like DCS ... They0re sharing my disk !

The strangest thing from those who come from P3D /FSX, is the absence of many airport scenery details allover the World. Sites like X-Plane.or, SimHeaven, etc... can make quite a difference when you start downloading the many quality freeware stuff available there...

X-Plsne10 is centainly one of the most promissing futures in Flight Simulation!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Great advice thank you all. However how is xplane on the system compared to fsx ? Can I take addons with rex etc...

I just tried the XP10 demo, and while I had some issues setting up the screen resolution properly for two monitors, the performance was incredible given my decent but somewhat dated PC. I had HDR on, most of the settings pretty high, and in Seattle I was getting very fluid performance. When I'm in better financial shape, I think I'll get the global version.

when was this Sim released and how much does it cost? :lol:

Oops!  Now Austin will really get mad at me... I inadvertly revealed his Secret Project!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

@LeeL: Welcome :-) !

It's my 2nd turn around X-Plane10 too... This time it'll certainly stay as a MUST HAVE sim, just like DCS ... They0re sharing my disk !

The strangest thing from those who come from P3D /FSX, is the absence of many airport scenery details allover the World. Sites like X-Plane.or, SimHeaven, etc... can make quite a difference when you start downloading the many quality freeware stuff available there...

X-Plsne10 is centainly one of the most promissing futures in Flight Simulation!

Yeah there is lots of good freeware stuff out there.

I ended up sending in a support email for my problem. It's quite a big problem but looking forward to it being fixed.

Lee

Lee,

When you go into your X-Plane 10 folder, is the aircraft file the first thing at the top? If so, when you open it, are there files like fighters, general aviation, heavy metal etc.?

Lee,

When you go into your X-Plane 10 folder, is the aircraft file the first thing at the top? If so, when you open it, are there files like fighters, general aviation, heavy metal etc.?

Yup that's all there

Weird hey?

Weird for sure. Did you send your log file to Laminar? Is this the demo or a complete disk installation?

Availability of high quality ADD ons + FSX = interesting sim.

FSX is like building a project with tools (add ons) available on the market. I might try Xplane though.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Weird for sure. Did you send your log file to Laminar? Is this the demo or a complete disk installation?

Didn't send my log just an email. This is a complete disk install of the regional pack.

How do I send a log to Laminar?

How do I send a log to Laminar?

Just send it as an attachment with the email. Your log file resides in the root X-Plane 10 directory.  I'm pretty sure they'll ask you to send them your log file in their reply to you.