Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Anyone Tried FSDT KJFK V2 ?

Hi really want to purchase this airport today but since i haven't seen some reviews i haven't decide yet if to purchase it . I would like some honest reviews from this scenery . How are FPS when running Opus Weather Engine   , REXE TEXTURES, 737NGX ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Ya I have it, I run FS2Crew NGX AS2012 and bunch of other things on VATSIM. The FPS are decent, though even without the addon they arent that great in the NY area. I'd turn off AI and lower the AG a little and you should be good. Its a nice Airport and a major hub for us a American Airlines Virtual (joinava.com) so I needed it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm with  Ron on this one.  I picked it up a few weeks ago.  Love it.

Good FPS, not alot of impact with AS2012, NGX, UT2 etc.  But like Ron said.  The NYC are scenery has an impact anyway.

Highly recommend this airport.

Jas

Yeah i also agree with above NY will always be a FPS drain, but FSDT v2 is well worth it.Fantastic package

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Is it just me or is the night lighting and the way the textures are during that time just still terrible?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Ya I have it, I run FS2Crew NGX AS2012 and bunch of other things on VATSIM. The FPS are decent, though even without the addon they arent that great in the NY area. I'd turn off AI and lower the AG a little and you should be good. Its a nice Airport and a major hub for us a American Airlines Virtual (joinava.com) so I needed it.

Thanks i might also want to add that am running Aerosoft Manhattan X i wonder if that might be an extra FPS killer.  I really need a good decent JKF so far i have  UT2 airline traffic set to 30% an GA 5% i have 25 to 30FPS in the NGX  in Orbx Scenery . So i am thinking how well will FSDT JFK handle Manhattan X .

I'm with  Ron on this one.  I picked it up a few weeks ago.  Love it.

Good FPS, not alot of impact with AS2012, NGX, UT2 etc.  But like Ron said.  The NYC are scenery has an impact anyway.

Highly recommend this airport.

Jas

How far are your airline slider in UT2 ? Mines is at 30% airline traffic will that do any damage for  FSDT JKF V2?

Is it just me or is the night lighting and the way the textures are during that time just still terrible?

Do you mean the night lightning looks bad ? Can you post some screenshot please ? :)  By the way are you running any MOD like ENB or SweetFX ? If one of those setting are to well push i think your night texture will look very differente from others .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

How far are your airline slider in UT2 ? Mines is at 30% airline traffic will that do any damage for  FSDT JKF V2?

Hey there.  My sliders are very similar to yours.  My GA is a little higher though.

Hey there.  My sliders are very similar to yours.  My GA is a little higher though.

Thanks :) guest am purchasing tonight an  hope for the best .

Mr Leny

FSDT offers a fully functional demo which will work for about 5 minutes.  I promise you it will take less than 5 minutes to decide you want this airport.  When I installed v1, the frames were better than the default JFK. 

As far as running it with Aerosoft Manhattan X, for me, it runs pretty well as long as iI'm using DX10.

FSDT offers a fully functional demo which will work for about 5 minutes. I promise you it will take less than 5 minutes to decide you want this airport. When I installed v1, the frames were better than the default JFK.

As far as running it with Aerosoft Manhattan X, for me, it runs pretty well as long as iI'm using DX10.

Be aware of OOM though. It's quite common in JFK area.

Zicheng Cai

FSDT offers a fully functional demo which will work for about 5 minutes.  I promise you it will take less than 5 minutes to decide you want this airport.  When I installed v1, the frames were better than the default JFK. 

As far as running it with Aerosoft Manhattan X, for me, it runs pretty well as long as iI'm using DX10.

That is the problem i don't use DX10 :(. If it is better than the default scenery is worth the shot. 5 Minutes won't be enough for me to test my NGX with this scenery. Am going to just give it shot an see how well will it handle Manhattan X . By the way how is the night texture for this airport?

Mr Leny

That is the problem i don't use DX10 :(. If it is better than the default scenery is worth the shot. 5 Minutes won't be enough for me to test my NGX with this scenery. Am going to just give it shot an see how well will it handle Manhattan X . By the way how is the night texture for this airport?

I just tried JFK v2 with Manhattan X at night with the NGX on DX9. JFK Looks great. As I approached Manhattan...OOM :(

Please note I'm using MyTraffic, AS2012, with UTX (providing the lights) and megascenery earth. I'm pushing it hard. Between JFKv2 and Manhattan X...I'd pick JFK. Manhattan X is more for VFR, especially for heli flights.

The only thing I have tested so far is a Canarsie approach to rwy 13L with the NGX. The lead-in lights (that I don't remember being in the previous version during daytime) allowed me to align very well, although I was not using any yoke, just keyboard. Also the visual scenery around the airport has improved. Further, the fps are slightly higher and I get no stutters when approaching the airport. 

James Goggi

It's good overall, I get good FPS. A few issues here and there (nothing thats gonna make you change your mind though) but FSDT are working on a patch as we speak.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I just tried JFK v2 with Manhattan X at night with the NGX on DX9. JFK Looks great. As I approached Manhattan...OOM :(

Please note I'm using MyTraffic, AS2012, with UTX (providing the lights) and megascenery earth. I'm pushing it hard. Between JFKv2 and Manhattan X...I'd pick JFK. Manhattan X is more for VFR, especially for heli flights.

Am about to purchase the reason i haven't purchase is because at this moment right now am in a flight from KDFW to YBBN  15 hour flight . I have just woke up as i plan to do to get ready for landing in about a few hours . It is a real time flight http://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA8/history/20130528/0255Z/KDFW/YBBN

Well i guest i might be good this is what am running : REXE textures only , Opus weather engine , UT2 Airline slider 30% GA 5% , UTX i have turn off night lights to give a chance to Experience X Night Lights . With these setting i have about 25 to 30 FPS in the VC of the NGX on other aircraft i have about 28 to 29 just bouncing up an down.

The only thing I have tested so far is a Canarsie approach to rwy 13L with the NGX. The lead-in lights (that I don't remember being in the previous version during daytime) allowed me to align very well, although I was not using any yoke, just keyboard. Also the visual scenery around the airport has improved. Further, the fps are slightly higher and I get no stutters when approaching the airport. 

Am glad that the FPS are improved an no stutter when approaching sounds like i am buying this one. :)

It's good overall, I get good FPS. A few issues here and there (nothing thats gonna make you change your mind though) but FSDT are working on a patch as we speak.

Thanks Chris , guest i might just be find with what i have as for my setting at the moment. :)

Mr Leny