Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

Wilco TBM850 new release

It says fully functional control unit. NOT g1000.

And it's Wilco.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Best wait until it's released and watch for reviews/comparisons (that way you're able to compare it with Carenado's TBM850).

--Xavier

Guest Mik75

Wow, WAAS approaches, fully working LNAV/VNAV, that sounds promising. If they are able to deliver all that, I'll buy it!

When it rains it pours in flightsim doesn't it.

I'm not holding my breath lol.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hey, it's Wilco, who made the CRJ and Airbus Evolution.

Feelthere did the Airbuses, Wilco did the CRJ's...and you can see the difference

Isn't Wilco mainly a publisher?

I wonder if they are doing this in-house or hired someone to do it?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

You guys talk as if Wilco were a public enemy? I am pretty sure the demographic survey tells us that most of the forum members are grown up people (?)

I guess some had bad experiences with them hence the apparent unease. My approach is, wait until it's out and then judge/compare to an existing product prior to buying (via forum posts/reviews) regardless of previous reputation..everybody developer has good and bad days. When looking for forum posts about it, look for balanced opinions and avoid trollish posts and excessive "complaints" (or whining).

I think it is a bit hard to be unbiassed when you have used their products. Their previous releases just did not have the quality one would expect from the money they charge you, at least not in terms of the visual model (at least their Airbus Vol.1 seems to have been quite good systems-wise, though). Besides each of their installers has messed up my dll.xml, and from what I've read on the internet, I'm not the only one who has had that issue.

And making a single prop that has just been published by another developer who seems to get at least the visual model right (which I care quite a lot about, for GA aircraft actually more than about the systems) doesn't seem like a wise move IMO - IIRC, the TBM was announced by Carenado quite some time ago.

So, in general, I think you are right if you say "one shall not judge a book by its cover", but after my exoerience with some of their other products I will definitely give a lot of weight to user reviews before even thinking of buying this product.

Regards,

Flo

I guess for me I'm more for accuracy of systems/panel/FDM and reasonable accuracy of appearance (ie I don't mind if a few buttons in the vc are flat or of the outer model's textures aren't HD)...as I'm not one who stresses much over how the sim looks (I like fluidity and since I'm not running all the latest graphical enhancements i keep my processing ovehead low ie no CTDs or OOMs). So once it's out we'll see..until then, reserve judgement.

@Flog yes I had the same tie up with the dll.xml as well but was able to work around it so personally it's not a big deal for me. (Reminds me of the fs98/2000 days lol)

Junk, period. I have bought tons of there stuff and its all crap, plain and simple.Nobody is going to justify there crappy products to me anymore, forget it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom