Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

Wilco TBM850 new release

You guys talk as if Wilco were a public enemy? I am pretty sure the demographic survey tells us that most of the forum members are grown up people (?)

Do you own any of their products?

Grown up people have to work to earn money you know. Wilco's products are not free. Most of the people are really disappointed with their products. So... people express negative feelings about them. It's that simple.

I'm not holding my breath lol.

Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

The only Wilco products that are even semi-passable, are those developed by feelThere (and some of those are hit and miss)...... in-house Wilco products make Captain Sim's look finished.

Case in point: Wilco CRJ; completely broken FDE and as a result AP cannot even maintain a commanded vertical speed...... take off, engage AP and set VS to 2500, and watch it reach 7000 and still increasing! .... IAS mode is even worse. Sometimes people are too keen to shout that a product that disappoints them in some way is "unusable", but the Wilco CRJ defines 'unusable'.

I'd only look twice at this TBM850 if it's developed out-of-house.... then again, I;m still probably more likely to get this one, than another Carenado G1000 product, after the SR22 experience!

Wilco published a lot of rubbish (B777, A380) but some of their products (Embraer Jets, plus the 737) are actually quite enjoyable.

Maybe, just maybe the TBM850 is on par with those, who knows? 

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'd love to be suprised

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

NaMcO, on 28 May 2013 - 3:12 PM, said:

Wilco published a lot of rubbish (B777, A380) but some of their products (Embraer Jets, plus the 737) are actually quite enjoyable.

Maybe, just maybe the TBM850 is on par with those, who knows?

E-Jets, ERJ, 737PIC, etc were feelThere developments, and as you say, not too bad.

Things like the A380 and CRJ are in house Wilco developments..... :Cry:

...... I understand feelThere is no longer using Wilco for publishing, so I doubt this TBM will be feelThere-developed, and suspect it's coming from the same camp as the truly unflyable CRJ.

But yes, let's wait and see what they offer up! :Nerd:

Feelthere did the Airbuses

feelThere had NOTHING to do with the EVO editions, nor the A380.

E-Jets, ERJ, 737PIC, etc were feelThere developments

feelThere developed the E-jets v1 and the original ERJ (just the 145) back in the early 2000s.  the original 737 classic was developed for Wilco back in the early 2000s.

ERJ v2 (135/145/XRJ) and the E-jets v2 were 100% feelThere with no Wilco involvement.

the EVO 737's gauges were updated (mainly to work with win7) by feelThere about 18 months before it's release.  feelThere ended it's involvement with the Wilco 'evo' releases at that time.

the original CRJ release ... back for FS8/9 ... was developed by feelthere.  the 'evo' CRJ has no feelThere involvement.

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

feelThere developed the E-jets v1 and the original ERJ (just the 145) back in the early 2000s.  the original 737 classic was developed for Wilco back in the early 2000s.

ERJ v2 (135/145/XRJ) and the E-jets v2 were 100% feelThere with no Wilco involvement.

the EVO 737's gauges were updated (mainly to work with win7) by feelThere about 18 months before it's release.  feelThere ended it's involvement with the Wilco 'evo' releases at that time.

the original CRJ release ... back for FS8/9 ... was developed by feelthere.  the 'evo' CRJ has no feelThere involvement.

You guys should do the eJets with better VC and night lighting!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Err... Scoob why you sound so furious at Wilco pub?

Zicheng Cai

Agreed....... 

Someone is just trying to stir up some trouble and provoke a reaction :wink:

For the most part, feelThere stuff is ok, and I had many happy hours in the original (non-evo) Airbus Series 1 & 2.

.....but this TBM is from Wilco who have a track record comparable with the quality levels of Abacus, the completeness levels of Captain Sim, and the support standards of Ariane!   :lol:

Agreed....... 

Someone is just trying to stir up some trouble and provoke a reaction :wink:

For the most part, feelThere stuff is ok, and I had many happy hours in the original (non-evo) Airbus Series 1 & 2.

.....but this TBM is from Wilco who have a track record comparable with the (1) quality levels of Abacus, (2) the completeness levels of Captain Sim, and (3) the support standards of Ariane!   :lol:

Three strikes and yer out!!!!  B)

scoob is simply setting the record straight, nothing 'furious' in the way he presented himself IMO.

He doesn't seem to like Wilcopub lol.

BTW, Tim is there a REX for XP10 underway?

Zicheng Cai

Hi Cai, I'll stick by what I stated in my previous post.

As for REXPlane for XP10... we are sussing out the 'viability' as the new platform doesn't allow us to do as much as we did for XP9 unfortunately. We're hoping they make some much needed changes in the environment dept.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest JetFueler

I'd only look twice at this TBM850 if it's developed out-of-house.... then again, I;m still probably more likely to get this one, than another Carenado G1000 product, after the SR22 experience!

I didn't get the SR22 (or the T182T for that matter) but I am pleasantly surprised by the TBM.  I like it quite a lot and I hold anything with a G1000 to Flight1 standards.  No, it doesn't have navigraph support and it really is just a dressed up default GPS but I give them credit for finally producing a non bespoke G1000 that actually works well.  It's not Flight1 but it is about as good as you could ever expect.

On topic, I'd say that since the Carenado version is actually quite good (I'd say the best plane they've released in quite some time) and Wilco has a track record of half baked products that this is a no brainer.  If you want a TBM, get the Carenado model and that is all there is to it.