Sign in to follow this  
Darren1

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke aileron axis problem

Hi

I have the aforementioned yoke which I recently bought second hand.

The problem is when I turn the yoke slightly to the right the virtual yoke in the ac cockpit mirrors the slight input exactly.

But when I make the same input but turning the yoke left there is no movement in the virtual yoke.

There is a huge null zone turning the yoke to the left, I would say the null zone turning to the left is about 4 times bigger than turning to the right. I really have to turn it a good distance before the yoke in the VC turns.

I have tried all the recallibration settings and altering null zones and sensitivity, the problem being that no matter what I do the right turn and the left turn are massively out of sync.

Is it possibly a worn or defective spring? I've not opened it up yet. Or is it just broke?

Also I have a full version of FSUIPC, is there anything in there that will even out the uneven null zones?

It's a major problem on finals making small corrections as you can imagine and it's making my simming un-enjoyable so I've decided I need to get it sorted once and for all!

Thanks, Darren.

Exact same here. Instant reaction in a right turn and a good 1/3 of a turn left before anything happens.

Its nothing broken. i dont have full fsuipc so unsure there.

I havnt found a fix as yet.

I have the same problem from time to time.

The fix that is working for me:

Once you get this effect, pull out the yoke usb from the computer and put it back. Don't pause the game - just do it.

This always fixes it.

A good friend tried the "rubber band mod" once his Yoke was out of warranty, he swears by it....mine is under warranty for another year, so can't say I tried it but worth investigating, if the yoke is out of warranty.

I'll try the USB thing later on today. That's the big problem really, finding out if its a calibration issue or an actual physical hardware fault.