Sign in to follow this  
skully

Testing the NVIDIA GTX 660 SC

Been a loooong time since I've posted up in the SS forum. Testing my new Nvidia GTX660. 

Had been using  an AMD R6670 Core Edition.

No contest as the AMD was the bottleneck in my system...

This computer is based on a Gateway DX 4860 that BestBuy was practically giving away last fall.

Quad Core I5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 ghz

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Super Clocked w/ 2 gigs DDR5

8 gigs RAM

Corsair GS700 PS

33' Vizio flat screen HD TV

Even though this was a budget build I thought it should perform better and I knew the AMD was probably the cause.

The AMD also struggled badly with clouds.

BestBuy has the GTX 660 for $209.00 so I grabbed one. Best upgrade I've ever made. FSX finally met it's match.

FSDT DFW + PMDG NGX+ Hi Def REX Clouds- the GTX 660 lol's at it..

I can't imagine it performing any better and should be the last upgrade I ever need for FSX hardware as it easily handles everything I throw at it.

I can highly recommend this card.

These shots are at 2x AA - card not tweaked- straight out of the box.

Sorry for the image quality as I don't have any quality photo editing software- just the Windows Live Photo Editing program in Windows 7 that destroys the image when it compresses it..

Nice shots! Are you using inspector as well? What global resolution do you have set?

Nice shots! Are you using inspector as well? What global resolution do you have set?

Thanks fellas!

Running 1920x1080. This card is straight out of the box using the included drivers.

I've not installed NVIDIA Inspector yet.

Sometimes it's hard to tell it's FSX or real life the images and 3D effect are so profound.

These screen shots just can't do it justice.

Looking good skully, great shots !!

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

The first one of the TBM850 is fantastic!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Wow they're all beautiful. The first and second are awesome, mind telling me want scenery you running in the second pic?

Lee

Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Lee, That is the high res Phoenix Arizona area from Simsavvy- now Mega Scenery Earth.

The 1st TBM shot is also Simsavvy/ MSE near Denver Colorado- second TBM shot taken over central Arizona enroute PHX to LAS.