Sign in to follow this  
zmak

ntdll.dll crash only when clicking on fsx in flight menu

High end system, works great very few CTD's....However in the last 48hrs Im getting a crash when I go to the task bar menu in windowed mode.

APPCRASH Not available 0 fsx.exe 10.0.61637.0 46fadb14 ntdll.dll 6.1.7601.17725 4ec49b8f c0000005 00038dc9 C:\Users\bb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txt C:\Users\bb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dxdiag.txt C:\Users\bb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg C:\Users\bb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fdr.dat C:\Users\bb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml C:\Users\bb\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2F1.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\bb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_b4c699dda7ef470aea89082ec1dbbcc9883a27_337608ea 0 6ea51e03-c680-11e2-a2c5-

ZORAN

okay appears I have fixed it with a system restore. Was having big problems with fsx slowing to a crawl and really buggy.

ZORAN

For stable fsx, try to apply all settings i recommended in this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/407468-ctds-with-ezdok/

You will find there some important settings in my first and second post. If you set fsx like that, it's very unlikely that that you can get CTD or OOM error....

Thanks for this!

ZORAN

For stable fsx, try to apply all settings i recommended in this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/407468-ctds-with-ezdok/

You will find there some important settings in my first and second post. If you set fsx like that, it's very unlikely that that you can get CTD or OOM error....

Zeljko

win 7 wont let me select the data execution prevention for FSX, says not allowed

ZORAN

Yup same here, I cannot set the data execution either. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I am getting BEX errors randomly when flying. Would like to fix this annoying problem.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

@, @@captain420, you must turn off UAC first: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/  Set it to "never notify".

UAC should stay disabled anyway. After that you should be alowed to acces and dissable DEP: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/what-is-data-execution-prevention-dep-and-how-to-disable-it-in-windows-vista/

You have there two metods described.

Verify that you have administrator rights also

After that you should be alowed to acces and dissable DEP: http://www.addictive...-windows-vista/

According to Microsoft, FSX requires DEP and it cannot be disabled.  I do not understand this concept of disabling DEP.  I know it is possible through other methods but I'm worried this could create even more problems for those having issues with FSX running properly.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

According to Microsoft, FSX requires DEP and it cannot be disabled. I do not understand this concept of disabling DEP. I know it is possible through other methods but I'm worried this could create even more problems for those having issues with FSX running properly.

Best regards,

Jim

Sorry, i can't agree with you on this. FSX do not requires DEP, and DEP can be and should be disabled for FSX to run better and to avoid some errors and CTD's.

I have double - checked this, here is one source we can trust(FS Labs): http://www.flightsimlabs.com/support/knowledge-base/

And Mr. Lefteris blog too: http://lkalamaras.blogspot.de/2008/08/was-this-for-our-own-good-part-deux.html

Actually, i must correct myself for previous post - i gived two options there and in fact is only one.

Don't use that metod which adds fsx to DEP exceptions.

We must disable DEP completely using command promp and command - bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

p.s. you must restart PC after that for changes to take effect

According to Microsoft, FSX requires DEP and it cannot be disabled.  I do not understand this concept of disabling DEP.  I know it is possible through other methods but I'm worried this could create even more problems for those having issues with FSX running properly.

Best regards,

Jim

I have had DEP disabled for the last 6 months and my number of StackHas/BEX related crashes is down to nearly 0 (if not exactly 0). I was getting them pretty often with the PMDG 737/MD11 at high detail airports but since I made the change I have no problems at all (used the Alternative Method from the above link). 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

B247NG okay I'm confused a little. I am trying to disable DEP through the 2nd method which is using the command line. I'm looking for a permanent solution so should i type:

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff

or

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

The first method is confusing since it says "Turn on DEP...", I thought that we are trying to turn this off? 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

B247NG okay I'm confused a little. I am trying to disable DEP through the 2nd method which is using the command line. I'm looking for a permanent solution so should i type:

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff

or

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

The first method is confusing since it says "Turn on DEP...", I thought that we are trying to turn this off? 

The second is correct: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Sorry, i can't agree with you on this. FSX do not requires DEP, and DEP can be and should be disabled for FSX to run better and to avoid some errors and CTD's.

Sorry.  I still stand by my comments.  It is dangerous to disable DEP and, like one of your links, it shouldn't be done automatically.  DEP stopped the program from functioning for a reason - maybe a virus or malware was attempting to circumvent the programs security.  So it is dangerous for simply everyone disabling DEP unless they want to disable it temporarily to run a program to purchase a product or run a program that might use e-sellerate to verify whether your product is legal or not.  BTW, all FSDT products use E-Sellerate and I have most of them installed.  I have DEP enabled and have never had a problem with it or any other security program.  I just want to make sure that members here at AVSIM are aware of what they are doing if and when they disable DEP in FSX or any other product.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sorry.  I still stand by my comments.  It is dangerous to disable DEP and, like one of your links, it shouldn't be done automatically.  DEP stopped the program from functioning for a reason - maybe a virus or malware was attempting to circumvent the programs security.  So it is dangerous for simply everyone disabling DEP unless they want to disable it temporarily to run a program to purchase a product or run a program that might use e-sellerate to verify whether your product is legal or not.  BTW, all FSDT products use E-Sellerate and I have most of them installed.  I have DEP enabled and have never had a problem with it or any other security program.  I just want to make sure that members here at AVSIM are aware of what they are doing if and when they disable DEP in FSX or any other product.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, 

I do agree with you that there is a risk involved with disabling DEP, however, with common security practices (virus protection, regular virus/malware scans, not opening attachments or links from unknown or suspect looking emails/address, etc.) you can mitigate these risks substantially. For me, the rewards (no more StackHas/BEX errors and CTDs) have far out-weighted the risks associated with disabling DEP. But as with any tweak, change, or system modification, it is at the risk and discretion of the end user. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

@McLaren  I totally agree with you there Jordan.  Just want to make sure non-computer experts are aware of the risks.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM